Saturday, January 26, 2008

Well thats more then I ever wanted to know on that subject

Well, on the way into town this morning we got a call from Tapdance. She had advised Grumpy of where he could get some good horse manure for his roses and she had just picked up some bags. She was calling to advise him that if he did go to get some putting a decent cover in the boot ( thats trunk for my american readers) otherwise the results could get messy. As it had for her, due to a small hole in one bag. She then proceeded to go into some detail about the mess which was quite frankly more then I ever needed or wanted to know.

Well asides from that it's been a very quiet day. Not that I mind, mind you. Should let me become all focussed and zen like(yeah thats gonna last long) for Monday because I think I'm gonna need it.

Grumpy's out again. Which admitally is a very bad sign that my father has a more active social life then me. Hey It's Saturday night and I'm in, and my father is out. I think that says it all doesn't it.

Well church tomorrow. I'm debating whether or not to stop and knock on Engineseer's door on the way to check he and Black widow are up as I seem to have been designated his unofficial keeper!

anyway,

later!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, you better stop, or at least tell everyone that you did.

Thanks for the translation...I would have never known...boot...that is something that you wear on your foot in America....what do you call the thing that you wear on your foot....trunk?

Unknown said...

Stop by engineer's house is what i meant

Saxon said...

there was no need to stop. He actually got up.

Most people either say shoes ) if their posh), boots if there well boots, or trainers if their sports shoes. You guys more commonly refer to trainers as sneakers. I think.

Unknown said...

What does posh mean? (like posh spice) My hubby says that I should know the term trainers from Harry Potter (but even though I love the books and the movies my memory is horrible and I didn't recall that)

We normally call them tennis shoes, but some people do call them sneakers (americans would know either term)

Saxon said...

posh is another word for smart, or special. So in regards to shoes posh shoes would be something you wear on special occasions, or to go to church in. You wouldn't wear them for day to day use.