Saturday, January 19, 2008

Lets hope it didn't use up all my luck for the week

Well it's the weekend, yah! And what does that mean? I get a lie in and don't have to set my alarm. Although Grumpy usually comes and wakes me up instead. Fortunately it was a slightly easier wake up this morning as he simply hammered on the door. Last week in burst in singing “Morning has broken". (Don’t ask me why he did that, I'm sure it made sense to him at the time)

First port of call in town was Zaavi, which used to be known as Virgin Megastore before it was taken over. (Grumpy had great fun with cracking lots of jokes about that). As grumpy had forgotten to take that DVD back. Well when we went in, I was all fired up for an argument with the staff as we didn't have the receipt. To my surprise they swapped it with no problems what so ever. While we waiting I suddenly noticed a DVD set of “From the earth to the moon" in their sale section, which is one of my favourite series ever (I have it on video). To my great delight I noticed the price, it was only £10. Well I wasn't going to let that one go and bought it post haste.

I went searching for a new set of scales as well and came up empty. Tired boots tried Superdrug, nothing! This was interesting considering each had huge displays for Healthy food, slim fast etc. Boots did have a set of scales in store but there is no way I am going to weigh myself on a set of talking scales in public! I would think it takes someone extremely confident in themselves or have an urge to show off that, they are at their perfect weight to get on one of those things.

Shopping went okay and cutting back on what we're eating is having an effect as it is getting a bit cheaper each week. The downside is Iceland doesn't have the greatest selection of own brands sometimes and they do taste a bit sameish (wait is that even a word?) I can't tell the difference between the normal chicken and spicy.

I'm trying the walkers Lite this week instead of squares. After comparing them I noticed that although they had more sugar then squares they do have half the fat. Their a bit higher in calories but I'll just make sure I spend some extra time on the bike. I did try Scullys suggestion of Almonds. Unfortunately I didn't like them, downsides of being a picky eater so the hunt for a good healthy snack food I like goes on. Any suggestions anyone?

I've just been watching Primeval, I'll be commenting on that in another post. So now onto the bike for today’s riding. I'm up to 30 minutes a time now. Which is good. The trouble is I'm finding it a bit hard to find good music to listen to when riding. Has anyone got any suggestions for good workout music?

Well church tomorrow. I've already set my alarm so there shouldn't be a repeat of last week’s problems.

Later!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What you call a lie in, we call a sleep in.

Glad to hear of your goal for health. It is nice to know that it isn't just Americans have to worry about that.

I have a question that just came to mind, "Have you ever read The Great Brain Series?" I heard that they are big in the UK, as they aren't heard of in the US.

Anonymous said...

snack-a-jacks!!!

Saxon said...

I have to admit I've never heard of the Great brain series. What's it about?

Saxon said...

thanks for the suggestion anonymous, I'll look out for them when shopping next week.

Unknown said...

Great Brain is about a kid that was really smart...not totally sure..never read it...but, i have read a bunch online that every kid knows what The Great Brain series is....guess the critics are wrong....they don't know you.