Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Lets start as we mean to go on.... (honest :-)

Ah it's that magical time of every year. The new year stretches out in front of us full of possiblities and we all make vows to change things in our life........ and fail to keep most of them by the end of January.

Yes it's time for our New years resolutions ( okay, okay one day late I know). For a change I thought I would actually put mine down in writing so I've at least got a record of them and can't claim I've forgot them.... not that I've ever done that before.

1) Exercise more. Two days down of the year and two session on the bike. I'm starting slowly and building up each day. I'll let you know how this one goes.

2) loose weight. Well I've needed to do this for a long time and lets be honest, my build at the moment, probably not that attractive to the ladies.. So I'll keep you posted on this one too.

3) Cut back on sugar. This one is tied into 1 and 2 so I guess you could say it's one uber resolution. Of course in ctting back on the sugar I'm also cutting back on the caffine. Consider this fair warning that I may be cranky as hell for the next few days as I work through the caffine headaches, but only got myself to blame.

4) Keep the blog more up to date.

5) Try and get more people to read my blog and leave comments. It really does feel like I'm rambling to myself sometimes. Although of course that might be because I'm the only one who can understand me.

6) Get Finances under control and start saving. ( this is going to be a tough one)

7) Try to minimize the amount of time I spend wallowing in self pity.

8) Make a new friend.

9)Develop a new skill

10) Broaden my history knowledge by studying about the tudors. ( that TV show is so far wrong it's beyond belief!)

Okay so 10 resolutions. One year to do them all. I've created a new category so you can all keep track of how I'm doing. If your interested of course.

Place your bets now Ladies and Gents.. How many do you think I'm going to do?

later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, lose weight, cut down on sugar and caffeine, those are the top of my goal list too!

Welcome to the LDSBlogs Webring. As soon as you put the code on your blog then I will activate your site into the Members Queue.

Happy New Year and good luck. I'm going to need, so I'm going to make myself happy and believe you'll need it too!

Dane of War said...

Good wishes to you on the weight loss and sugar cutback. I made the very same resolutions myself - and thanks to that I'm in serious sugar withdrawal. It's much better today than it was the past couple - the headaches and little voices screaming at me to get a Coke are gone.

Saxon said...

I've put the code onto the blog Candace. Let me know if there is anything else I need to do..

I certainly could use some good luck for a change!

Good luck in your resolutions too Dane. The sugar and caffine withdrawal was quite bad today. But it's starting to get better.