Friday, January 25, 2008

It's been a interesting week. Lets not do this again!

It's Friday which means the weekend is here. Yaaahhhh!!!!!!!! It couldn't have come a moment too soon. Of course now it's here I really don't want it to end as I have a, well lets just say interesting Monday coming up. No doubt I will be writing all about it come Monday.

I got a really scare last night. I turned my computer on and the monitor refused to come on. There was power but the screen was blank. I had a horrible horrible flashback to when my graphics card broke and had visions of having to spend oddles of money to get the darn thing fixed again. It was at this point grumpy came in and apologised if I was having problems with the mouse. Confused I asked him what he was on about and he explained that as the mouse on his computer had started goingwrong earlier in the day tap dance had suggested he borrowed mine. Knowing what he's like I checked the back of the computer and to my delight whilst attempting to remove my mouse, Grumpy had unplugged the mouse, keyboard, speakers an screen and somehow (don't ask me how) failed to realise he had done it. After plugging them all back in the screen came back to life and started to display a picture. So that left me trapped between feeling of delight that my computer wasn't broken again and the urge to rage at grumpy for being clumsy and messing with my computer.

Watching the TV tonight two things sprang to mind. Is there every going to be a advert from a furniture company where they sell a sofa at it's actual price? and secondly, why in the DFS advert in the middle of the DFS store is there a penguin walking around?? Any answers anyone?

Torchwood is continuing to be very good this series. Two episodes in and some great lines;
" Just when I thought the end of the world couldn't get anyworse"
" I know everything, plus it says so on the screen right here"
It should continue to be very good as long as they keep the character of Jack Harkness toned down. Yes, we know he's bi, you don't have to keep reminding us by having him kiss someone every ten minutes!

I'm hoping Primeval will start to pick up. The plot of the first two episodes was slightly undermined by the main characters action last week as he exposed a HUGE plot hole. I wouldn't go into any details in case any readers watch the series and haven't seen them yet.

It's not a good year to be a comic book character. The x-men are disbanded, Professor xavier seems to be dead and spidermans marry to Mary Jane has just been retconned out of existance so they never married!

I'm going to be hunting aroudn the shops tomorrow for any interesting toys that could be used in conversions. I'm going to need some conversion bitz as I'm going to be building me a bigz battlewagon with deathroller. And I just realised that for anyone whose not involved with 40K will have no idea what that means and will just think I've gone crazy.

Or at least crazier.

c'est la vie I guess

later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the most important thing you fail to mention. The passing of President Gordon B. Hinckley.

Saxon said...

I don't know why your making that comment on this post anonymous. This post was made on Friday before he passed away on Sunday.