Friday, January 04, 2008

What day is it again?

I’m sure that unless you’re a Billionaire with lots of free time on your hands and could do all the crazy things you’ve ever wanted to do, like me you’re a creature of habit. We all have our little routines that we do week in week out on the same days etc. It’s a way of keeping track of the passing of time I guess.

Well Christmas and new Years have totally thrown my routines into the air and for the past couple of days I have really, really had to think as to what day it is. So this either proves my point or proves I’m getting old. Take your pick.

So usually the main things I do each ‘standard’ week go like this;

Monday – Work, Grumpy goes to Bridge class in the evening.
Tuesday- Work
Wednesday- Work, Institute in evening, get dinner on way there.
Thursday- Work
Friday- work
Saturday- Cooked breakfast, going shopping at Iceland, get Fish and chips on way home, Grumpy goes out and I get house to myself
Sunday- Church, Sunday roast for dinner.

Boring I know but I’m sure all of you have equally boring routines at times.

So why am I getting confused and my sense of time has gone out of the window? Well this is roughly how the past two weeks have gone. Starting Christmas eve.

Monday : Work till 1pm, come home, I cook dinner, sit around reading.
Tuesday : Christmas day. Spend half day with grumpy, half with tap dance. Sort of weekend feeling.
Wednesday : Get up early, travel with Tap dance and Matriarch up to Mechanicus clan. Don’t get back till late.
Thursday: Spend most of the day playing with shiny new toys.
Friday: Work. I’m the only one there in our whole division. I’m in until 4pm when Iceman said I could finish early. Go across to Tap dances to see the Driver clan who had come to visit.
Saturday: No cooked breakfast, earlier then usual to shopping and I don’t get the house to myself as Grumpy doesn’t go out.
Sunday: Church
Monday: No work, as have day off. Try to spend most of the day doing something constructive as Grumpy goes out. Wander around until evening and YSA new Years eve party.
Tuesday: Again try to find something constructive to do with my day.
Wednesday: No institute, go back to work and only quarter of the office back. Have lots of work to do on a Wednesday rather then Monday, so it feels like Monday rather then Wednesday.
Thursday: Building still have empty, still lots of work.
Friday: Even more work but Line manager comes in for first time since before Christmas for just the one day. Proceeds to confuse me even more but saying that she keeps thinking it Monday.
So It’s now the weekend again and I’ve only had a three day

No comments: