Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm not his brother but I am apparently his keeper

Well I had the opposite problem of last Sunday this morning. I woke up a hour before my alarm was due to go off and despite my best efforts I could not get back to sleep. Suffice to say I got to church in plenty of time. As Grumpy didn't go out yesterday ( as per usual) I got to drive his car to church. Which is a lot newer then mine and I'm sure would have been very impressive to any single girls there. If there were any *sigh*

Anyway after sacrement we go into our YSA Sunday school class. The students were back as the new term has started so the class was a bit fuller then it has been over Christmas. A few people queried where Engineseer was (while looking at me of course). Yes it seems to paraphrase the old saying I'm not his brother but I am apparently his keeper. A few people suggested I should go and bang on his door on the way into church from now on to make sure he's up. Cordelia suggested that I should only do this however if the lights aren't on in their house. Of course the one small problem with this suggestion is that as it daylight at that time on a Sunday morning the lights should never be on. At this point the teacher comes in.

" Any sign of our friend?" she asks, I guessed she was referring to Engineseer
" No, I guess he overslept" I replied. She tuttered slightly at this
" That boy needs a mother or someone around to look after him"
" Well he doesn't get in until 3.30 in the morning. You can udnerstand how he could oversleep having only had four hours or so of sleep"
" Well if he had a baby, that's all the sleep he would be getting anyway"
" But they don't have a baby" I replied at this point slightly confused. " he just works late"
" Well I hope your not asking me to feel sympathy for him"
" No, just some understanding"
At which point I experienced one of those long hidiousily drawn out moments where I realised I had in fact just said that out loud and I started having visions of being one of the first people to be thrown out of a Sunday school class. The teacher however just paused then said
" He's young, he should be able to manage on that little sleep"
and got on with the lesson, leaving me to reflect on the fact that one of these days I am going to severely drop myself in it.

Aisdes from that not much else happened. Everybody seems to be stuck in the deeps of the January blues. Even the singing in sacrement seems rather lack lustre at the moment. Hopefully when we get to the end of January things will improve. There being a break in the rain would probably help too.

Work wise should be interesting thisweek. Our six months sales figures are announced and I have my first 'proper' six month evaluation, or assessment or whatever anconym they've decided to call it now.

anyway,

Later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup, it's official, the church is the same everywhere in the world.

Saxon said...

It is indeed