Monday, January 28, 2008

Incoming!!

Driving into work this morning I could just keep hearing those words from the opening of 24 " This is the longest day of my life", I knew today was going to be bad but I was hoping it wasn't going to be all that bad. The early signs were not encouraging, the drive in took a hour and I felt my zenlike calm tick away with every minute I spent in the car. It wasn't help by the fact that the radio keeps playing that darn nickelback song " I wanna be a rock star" again and again and again! But more on that another time.

The morning passed in a blur of activity getting ready. I remember the time well it was13.54 according to my computer clock when we went life. It was quiet for ten minutes....... then all hell broke loose.

Now as much as I like to I can't really go into anymore details then that as it work based and hope my long term readers will understand. But what I can say is that it relates to us have to undergo some restructuring in the division which means we have to say goodbye to some colleagues. Which absolutely sucks and I'm fed up of it happening but theres not much I can do about. but at the end of the day I'm still there and I'm just going to have to keep giving it all I can to ensure that we keep being successful and minimise the risk of this happening again.

Based on the "communications" shall we say that we have been recieving today it's very likely that this week is going to be very long and very tough. So please bear with me if my posts become somewhat downbeat or stop for whatever reason.

Well lets try getting onto some more upbeat things shall we.

Mcdonalds have announced today that they will be able to offer training coursesto staff that are the equal of GCSE's and A-levels ( for my american readers kids take GCSE's when their 14-16, if they choose to stay on in school they take a-levels 16-18, and A-level results are used for getting into university). Now theres been lots of slamming in the press for this, with lots of jokes about getting a GCSE for serving fries. But if you look closer it's more in depth then that, for example courses of resturant managemen and food hygeine which are good things and I'm sure it would benefit staff to have a recognised qualification in such highly skilled area.

Their saying in the news that Nicole Ritchie appears to have lost weight after giving birth to her baby. Must refrain from making obivous joke/comment!

later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the most important thing you fail to mention. The passing of President Gordon B. Hinckley.

Unknown said...

Hey, Saxon, I am starting something new on my blog....I hope you like it...come by and see and let me know if you don't approve.

Saxon said...

I do like it alice, I think it's great.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you approve, and thanks for the United Kingdom 101 lesson.

In regards to Nicole Ritchie, doesn't everyone look like they lost weight after having a baby?

We call it college in America (not university) you can go to a University, but there are so many colleges that are not universities that we just refer to it as college.

I am with you about what McDonald's is doing. I think it is great the way that they train their employees and what a confidence builder for McDonald's workers.

Saxon said...

yep, the way some people are going on you'd think teir offering their staff a GCSE in how to say " Do you want fries with that?"