Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It's winter. So can't I hibernate too?

It snowed last night. Yah!! Well not so yah, it was only a light dusting which only settled on my car windscreen. Then due to a, oh so helpful combinations of rain and very cold temperatures it turned into ice. Very thick ice. In face so thick the de icer this morning had no effect on it whatsoever. I ended up having to scrabble around in a desperate attempt to find a scraper and clear the windscreen by hand. Which was not an easy job in the slightest.

Institute starts again tonight. I’m trying to be good (and as everybody knows I’m very trying) and ramp up my enthusiasm but like a lot of people this month I seem to be stuck in one of those moods where my get up and go has got up and gone. Having to get up when its still pitch dark outside probably isn’t helping me regain my get up and go.

I was looking at a photo that was taken at a fireside in late 2006 of all of the Loughborough YSA. It’s amazing how much we’ve ‘shrank’ since then. I was thinking about my ‘peers’ from youth and it was quite shocking to realise that there’s only about three of us now who are still active and single. I’ve starting to get a horrible feeling of ‘last man standing’. I honestly wasn’t expecting when I was younger to still be single at 26! Mind you back in youth being 20 seemed a long way off, 26 was… well you just didn’t think about it/

Darn it! There I go again back into self pity. This is definitely being the hardest of my resolutions this year. I’m really really going to have to work on this one I fink!

No comments: