Friday, January 11, 2008

It's a good plan with just two drawbacks

Well I am already starting to see a bit of a difference from my first three resolutions. Well that and I feel hungry a lot of the time which I’m taking to be a good sign. I was talking to Engineseer about this at institute on Wednesday. His suggestion was that I get some bags of grapes to put on my desk seeing as we have absolutely zero in the way of healthy snack type things in the vending machines here at work. It’s a good idea but to paraphrase Kryten from Red Dwarf “ It’s a good plan with two drawbacks, first I don’t like grapes and second I don’t like grapes, admittedly it’s the same drawback but it’s so significant I thought I better mention it twice.”
( not that Engineseer knew that of course when he made his suggestion, in case you think I’m being harsh, I’m just joking: - )

Grumpy actually found a set of weights he bought a while ago when he was having one of his fitness drives a while ago. So I tried using them for the first last night. Which was interesting, as I’m sure there were or two more ‘cracks’ from a couple of joints then there used to be. Maybe I’m just getting ‘old’. I’m still going okay on the exercise bike. The main problem when your on the bike is keeping going as your doing lots of pedalling and going nowhere!

It’s been raining again today. Lots and lots of the stuff. Hmmm, maybe the weathers decided to get a headstart on the summer season : - ). Fortunately I’ve had one of those days where it was possible to stay in the office and not have to go outside for anything.

Talking of the office my Blagging powers continue to grow. I managed to get hold of a spare copy of a new game for my DS which is very cool. I also managed to blag a Ork Trukk as well. Although I’m going to take a guess for that item, only Engineseer is going to have a clue what that is! And why it’s cool.

I saw horrid story in the news today. One of those “ if it happened to you, you would be messed up forever” . A pair of twins who were adopted by separate families as babies got married with knowing they were brother or sister. Only one thing to say to that. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. That’s the sort of thing you expect to appear in a soap, not real life. The case was used as a sample in a case about people who are adopted should be able to find out about their relatives more easily otherwise and I quote the guy who was running the case “Tragedies like this could occur”. Boy does this guy have a gift for understatement or what?

Anyway,

I’ve hit that old mental brick wall I sometimes run into…..

So Later !

5 comments:

Scully said...

Raw almonds is another good snack substitute. Healthy protein, all those good-for-you fatty acids etc. Unless of course you don't like those either.

Saxon said...

hmmm, never tried them to be honest. I'll have a look when we go shopping tomorrow. Thanx for the suggestion

anne said...

Well done on the resolutions, keep going!

Anonymous said...

And thats why we should have a national identity database with compulsory online journals so the guvmunt can protect us from such yuck yuck yuck

Saxon said...

Thanks Anne, I am.

I'm not sure a national identity database would be the perfect answer. I think letting adopted children know if they have family or siblings and their identitys would be better