Monday, January 21, 2008

Brain freeze, brain freeze

I’m not that big a fain of Mondays. The main reason is that as my department is shut over the weekends I have all of the work that came over the weekend to do plus the work that arrives on Monday in one day. Throw in the usual Monday blues about having a whole week of work to get through before it’s the weekend to again it does get a little hard sometimes to motivate myself. It didn’t help this morning that I sat down and forgot my password to log into the computer. I had a total, total brain freeze. Couldn’t remember it at all. Maybe it’s old age catching up with me. I was on the verge of calling IT when it finally came to me. Let’s hope the rest of this week will be a little easier! Either that or my memory gets a little better.

Grumpy wasn’t in a good mood last night. For one reason mainly and that was that the replacement DVD we got him for his DVD which contained a totally different program, had exactly the same problem as the DVD it was replacing. Again rather then open all hours it contained the office Christmas specials! Suffice to say that really didn’t impress him.

My mobile ( that’s cell phone for my American readers : - ) is behaving a little oddly at the moment. It has given me a low battery warning 7 times in the past two days. It’s been on all the time yet the battery seems intent on refusing to run out! Normally it would be most impressive but at the moment it’s just annoying as I want it to run out so I can recharge the thing.

Weirdest call of the day at work has to be where the person who was calling me got distracted so didn’t start speaking when I picked up the phone, so all I could hear was the music in the background which was ride of the valkyries! Not what you usually expect to hear when you pick up the phone.

later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - silly question. Why are you waiting for the battery to die completely before charging it? You do realise that's a sure way to lessen it's working life, right?

Saxon said...

no I didn't,

someone actually told me once that if you don't wait till a battery is empty before recharging it, that lessens the working live.

However I will bow to your superior knowledge of all things electronic and avoid doing that in future

Unknown said...

thanks for the cell clarification...it made me smile.

Saxon said...

it you need any more translations from english into america just leave a comment and I'll do my best to translate for you.