Monday, May 04, 2009

Y is for

Quality control, quality control wherefore art thou quality control? The supermarket chain Morrisons had been left slightly red faced by a set of childrens blocks they have been stocking. On each side of the blocks was a letter with a picture, i.e A is for apple and so forth. However although the pictures on all of the blocks the spellings were less so. Y was apparently for Yatch , U is apparently for Umberlla and somewhat bizarely X is for Xmas tree.

Well I guess it made sense to however designed the blocks.

Well today's been a pretty easy day even if the wonderful weather that had been forcasting totally failed to materialise.

I got the windscreen wiper sorted on my car and decided to take the slightly easy route of paying to have it fitted rather then trying to do it myself. It was only a couple of quid and knowing my luck with irony if I had tried to do it I would have probably ended up breaking the darn wiper off!

We also went up to the borders book shop and unlike the other day I had plenty of time to have a nice long look round. Which was just awesome as unlike Waterstones in Loughborough Borders actually have a pretty good selection of books. I ended up coming away with a couple of sci fi books and a new book by Alison Weir about Elizabeth I. She wrote two books on Henry the eighth which were very good.

I headed over to the twins house this evening for a YSA activity. They had said they were going to have a barbacue and despite the weather they pressed ahead with it. Although it was a interesting sight to come into their back garden to see AF trying to cook food with what looked like two foot flames shooting out of the barbacue and L trying to spray water onto the barbacue from a old cif bottle. Still I suppose the plus side was with flames that high the foot got cooked quickly.

It was a fun evening, sitting on their patio, chatting away with their patio heater keeping us all warm.

Well it's back to work tomorrow for another slightly shorter week but I'm sure there will be many oppotunites to deal with. Plus two of my projects are moving onto the next stage which I'm very, very pleased with. Their going to be great!

Anyway,

Later Folks!

No comments: