Thursday, May 14, 2009

One of those weeks

I've been having one of those weeks where it seems like some universal force has decided not to leave me alone and keep throwing things at me which all seem destined to remind me that I'm not as young as I would like to be anymore.

First up there w the YSA that was saying she was getting old as she's now 25 ( and of course there's social who at one YSA activity said she was glad I was there as it meant she wasn' the oldest) Second up there was the realisation that it's been the best part of a decade since I started at university and institute. Next there was the realisation that Two of my youngest nephews are now both old enough to be baptised and will be getting baptised in roughly a month of each other. It was one of those moments where I almost turned round and said " Baptised? But their not eight. Are they? Are you sure you haven't miscounted and accidentally added on a couple of years"

Then there was the phrase that somebody used in the stake meeting on Tuesday to describe how we would approach a project to offer assistance as a service project " Tell them that we could provide them with able bodied volunteers, 18-25 years old" Did I miss a memo? You get over 25 and you're no longer able bodied.

And then of course there was Grumpy re-iterating his comment about wasn't it time I got started on grandkids as it were so that the number would be into nice round double digits. He then said that then again he wasn't sure what I might have got up to at uni and for all he knew there might one day be a knock at the door and wouldn't that be a big surprise for him.

I assured him that if that were to happen it would be noway as big a surprise for him as it would be for me.

Finally lets not forget that people seem to have decided that I need help and started to offer suggestions of match making(not that I would turn down any serious attempt) ( in the dating sense not the literal match making sense because that would just be weird . Although probably no weirder then making little models and I'm digressing).

But then after thinking about all that I did realise that I am in fact only 27 and not ready to move into a OAP home even if some people at church call me a 'menace to society'. Which coincdentally I once explained to some members of my team at work who found the whole thing hysterically funny especially when I explained what I had done ( or not done) to 'earn' that title.
" They consider you menace for that? what would they call you if you actually did something bad?"

Well anyway, one more day until the weekend and in a slight change to the norm rather then the usual Friday of working in the office the whole team will be joining with another department to do a day of training. Which I'm actually quite looking forward to as we don't know what activities we will be doing so it will be a surprise. Which I'm choosing to believe in this case will be fun :-)

Anyway,

Later folks

No comments: