Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Too much red

I remember when I was a lot younger ( longer ago then I care to remember precisely) someone told me that there was a a control room where a man sat and controled all of the traffic lights all over the country. Now being somewhat young and naive I did believe this person and was most disappointed to find out that this wasn't the case as that sounded like a pretty cool job. Now it's sometimes easy to imagine that this story might not be so far fetched when your trying to hurry to get somewhere and no matter how hard you try that next set of lights always turns red just moments too soon for you to get through. It could be bad timing or maybe just maybe it is that man in his control room deciding to lighten up his day by ticking you off.

Now all that was a somewhat rambling way of saying that I encounted a bit of difficulty getting to the stake centre tonight for my meeting as every single traffic light I came to was red. It was starting to get just a mite annoying.

Of course I wasn't in the best frame of mind at this point as I had got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home and was stationary for nearly 25 minutes which with the sunny weather we're having at the moment was just long enough for the car to start getting a bit too hot.

It's also starting to look increasingly likely that I will once again be attending the national YSA convention by myself. Opinion seems to be split as to whats putting people off. Some people think it's the cost other think that it's that they don't like the idea of a 'meat market' on a national scale with people only attending with plans of coming away with a wife. I find that last remark quite worrying. Because that means I'm failing in the whole point of the convention :-) Maybe there's a workshop I'm missing? Or maybe as this is my fourth year it means the odds are going to be moving in my favour:-)

Who knows.

I also found out that at insitute graduation this Sunday I will be the only one graduating and rather then just a testimony they want me to give an 'address' for five minutes about institute etc. It was roughly at this point my mind decided to go completly blank. Really, really blank, super empty. In fact so empty if I were to yell inside my own head I would probably go deaf from the echo.

Well I think you get the idea. I'm just going to hope that inspiration strikes before Sunday otherwise I'm sunk. Unless I try to give my address in the form of interpretive dance.

Well it could work! But then again it would probably make more sense then me yakking away for five minutes.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: