Thursday, May 07, 2009

Well now I feel much safer

We recieved one of the main weapons in the governments fight againist the spread of Swine Flu in the post today. And what is this weapon we hear you ask??? Well it's a leaflet.

Now I'm sure there are some people who will find the leaflet useful " I'm supposed to cover my mouth when I cough who knew?" but to myself as a rabid news reader it really tells well basically nothing I already knew. Well I didn't know there was a Swine flu information line where I can ring to get the latest information on the flu. Or I guess I could just watch a news programme where they all seem very keen to take the view of Frazer from Dad's Army. " 30 people have been infected in the whole of england. We're Dooommed! Doomed!

Now when most films are released these days there is usally a glut of accompanying merchandise which covers all sorts of things from lunch boxes to prequel novels and comics. But I saw two seperate items today connected with the new star trek film that surprised even me. The first item was these two guys;


On the left we have 'captain kirk' and on the right we have 'spock' complete with pointy ears. Now they do look quite cute even if they do seem like a odd tie in. But to be honest no weirder then the toy of the monster in cloverfield which came complete with destroyed statue of liberty head. What I was completly gob smacked at was the price tag. Both bears are a mind boggling $99.95 each!

The second item is a line of fragrances that they will be releasing. There will be three in total, the first one is for women and is called the Pon Farr Perfume with the tagline " leave logic behind". The other two are for men, the first is called Tiberius (after kirks middle name) and the second is Red Shirt Cologne with the slogan "because tomorrow may never come" although if you are a red shirt in star trek you might as well accept that tomorrow will never come and you might as well change your name to Ensign expendable.

It was a nice day today Weather wise. The sun was shining for most of the day and we actually had bright blue skies. Just the kind of weather you don't want to see on your way into work. Unless you work outdoors then you're probably loving it.

anyway

Later folks!

No comments: