Friday, May 22, 2009

Mine all mine

It's slightly disconcerting at the moment as for the first time in a long time I truely have the house to myself as Grumpy has gone away for a couple of days and as I wasn't going to be around to look after Owen, he's put him in the kennels. So the house is mine all mine.

Not that I'm probably going to make much use of that in the slightist asides from enjoying the time to myself and having complete control over the TV. And if that didn't sound sad enough I spent a large part of this evening whilst watching the TV polishing my new pair of shoes. Yeah, it's Friday night and I'm polishing shoes! Something has seriousily gone wrong social wise somewhere hasn't it. And before any of my long term readers ask yes the YSA did say we were going to try and have an acitivty every Friday and no we didn't have one today as that plan seems to have come to a bit of a stop right now, but hopefully we'll get it going again.

Still I found it a challenge doing my shoes anyway as I was having to think back quite a few years to my ATC days to see how much I remembered about preparing a new pair of shoes to get the best possible shine. I know I could have slapped a couple of coats of polish on and called it quits but that wouldn't have bugged me everytime I looked at the shoes. So I have to remember how to prepare them. And did I remember? Well not as much as I should have as I did accidentally set fire to a bit of polish at one point. Don't worry it was only a very small piece and I quickly blew it out before it did any damage. ( don't try this at home kids). The shoes are not finished but their getting there.

Work was good if busy making sure that everything I could get clear was cleared as I am off all next week ( yaah!). I've also got a couple of manuscripts to read through next week so I shouldn't be short of reading material.

The bad part was coming home as I also rammed side on by a idiot who tried to overtake me in a place where two lanes merge into one. I was barely able to get out of the way in time and I'm sure he missed me by inches. I thought they were going to have problems at those lights when they put them in and now I'm sure of it. After seeing several near misses I have the horrible feeling that it's just a matter of time before we see a serious accident there.

Best line on the simpsons this evening between Homer and a Lawer;
Lawyer: You sir are a moron!
Homer: Mormon? But I'm from earth!

We got a letter from the town council today advising us that vistors to our residence we're parking on the grass verges and damaging them and we were to stop them immediatly. Now intitially I was very confused as we rarely get visitors yet along enough for them to have to park on the grass verges. It was then I noticed that the letter was hand delivered but addressed to the residence. Which made me realise that either they don't know who is responsible for the parking or they do and they've decided they have to send a letter to every house as otherwise they might get sued for only going after 'the culprits' and not anybody else.

Nice to see that their spending our money wisely on important issues and not non important things like facilities or repairing the roads.

Oh wait.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: