Sunday, May 10, 2009

Unexpected lessons

I was in for a surprise this morning when I got to the chapel as the car park was already half full. But I should have really been expecting this as it was our ward conference today so people were aiming to arrive with plenty of time to spare.

The new photocopier had also arrved. Yaah! Although it did prove a little temperamental initially I was able to fix it. Not that I know how I actually managed to do that mind you as I took a decidly engineering style approach to getting it to work. I just pressed all of the buttons I could see and eventually it worked.

As you can imagine with it being Ward conference the chapel was more then a little packed. I ended up stuck in the overspill corridor, although it a slight change from the norm they have actually got some new pews for this area rather then just normal chairs. However these pews aren't the big solid ones with the deep thick cushioning, rather the rather thin ones with next to no cushioning and a awkward gap at the back. Maybe it's all they could afford or maybe it's just the bishoprics way of saying " You shouldn't cut your arrival time so fine".

There was a CES broadcast tonight and so it was off to the Leicester Stake centre for my first of three trips to the stake centre in four days ( good timing is really not my friend right now). However we discovered that there was a certain problem with us recieving the broadcast. Someone had managed to turn the channel from the English language channel to the Chinese channel and no one who was there had any idea how to turn it back. Now I'm sure if physics had been there he would not have minded the improteu Chinese lesson we were all getting and he might have even understood it but the rest of us were a bit on the confused side. Finally after half a hour, umpteen phone calls to various members and the satelite helpdesk later we finally managed to get back to the english languge channel and at least managed to catch the last ten minutes.

We do seem a bit fated with our CES broadcasts as this is the third one in a row where we've had problems. Well at least we got to see some of this one and Bro H will no doubt be wanting to have words with whoever was messing with his TV.

Well work tomorrow and a full week of possible opportunities lies ahead of me.

Later folks!

No comments: