Sunday, May 03, 2009

Is it like a status symbol and no ones told me?

I had to get up slightly earlier then I have been the past couple of Sundays as the new photocoper was delivered this week meaning it was back to doing bulletins.

However it wasn't as plain sailing as I'd hoped. Despite getting there nice and early I had to wait for the Liberian to arrive. Who then promptly discovered that she had left her keys at home and had to turn round and go and get them leaving me hanging around for nearly fifteen minutes. Still she did get back as soon as she did and I was keen to see what the new photocopier looked like (sad I know).

When she opened the door I was surprised that we had got another photocopier of the same make, in fact it look pretty much identical. "BANG" (that was the sound of the large penny dropping) it was in fact not a new photocopier it was still theold broken photocopier which lead to the question where the heck had they put the new one.

No where in the building was the rather simple answer as it hadn't been delivered. D'ohh!! Oh well, hopefully it will be in place next week.

The YSA class in Sunday school was rather large. So large in fact they had to open the dividing blinds and use the next classroom along as well. Our poor teacher seemed a bit nervous at the prospect of teaching a class that big. His nerves probably weren't helped when the bishop decided to sit in. Still he probably did a lot better then if I had been in his shoes.

I then got a big surprise as HR ( the person not the department, :-) ran into me in the corridor and asked why she doesn't have a codename on here when lots of other people do. Which did make me wonder whether or not getting a codename on this blog has become some sort of bizare status symbol for people in our ward.

Anyway, no work tomorrow as it's a bank holiday. There's nothing quite like getting a 'free day' off.

Later folks!

No comments: