Friday, May 08, 2009

Who are you?

Way back in the mists of time before Facebook existed, we had to find other ways to waste our time such as watch the evils of daytime TV or play computer games. We also only had friends reunited which although limited was fun as it did enable you to get back in contact with school or college friends that due to the inevitable march of time you had lost contact with. Now you could be fairly certain that the people contacting you via friends reunited at least knew you fairly well.

This however doesn't seem to be true with facebook because as well as getting freidn requests from people I know really well I also get requests from people I don't. Now don't get me wrong I'm not knocking facebook in anyway as I do spend a awful lot of time using it. Probably too much if I'm honest, it's just very awkward when I get a friend request from someone I don't know as I feel really bad having to send a message back saying " Who are you?" It's even worse when they list friends we have in common as that makes me feel worse as I feel I should know them. Usually I take a good long look at their name and hope that at some point my darn near photographic memory will suddenly remember this person and the memories of them will come back to me.

However I don't even have this option to fall back on with one of the latest friend requests I've recieved as the person is simply down as 'jazzy rose'. Now I'm chosing to assume that this isn't there real name, but I'm not going to send them a email asking is that a fake name as knowing how irony likes to play with me it will probably be her real name and I will spend the next few days trying to unjam my foot from my mouth.

However on the flip side of this facebook did allow me to get back in contact with a old friend from uni which pretty much made my week.

As a small aside I am now up to 130 friends. I feel so popular!

It's been highly entertaining watching all our MP's squirm today as information about their exspense claims leaking to a newspaper. All most of them can say by way of a defence is " It's with in the rules" That it maybe but I think most of them realise that they've been caught milking the 'rules' for all their worth.

The new star trek film is out today. However with Engineseer now out of the country and out of his new country as well, he's in france according to his facebook status, physics not a fan well of pretty much any western films actually, he says he likes his films kung fu with subtitles, most of the other YSA not seeming that interested ( I hate to embrace a stereotype but I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that their all girls) I have the horrible feeling I will have to go and see it by myself.

Well it's the weekend now. Another end to another week of work and who whole days all to myself head.

Life is good.

Later folks!

No comments: