Saturday, May 02, 2009

Useful for something

Well As I stated in my last post, Wolverine was quite good. As I said it wasn't perfect but it was still better then I thought it would be after reading some of the reviews.

I'm also no closer to get a answer to that riddle that plagues me everytime I go to the Vue cinema. Just which end of the spoon that you get in the tubs of ice cream is the actual spoon and which end is the handle?

Quite a few YSA turned out to watch the film and it did make me realise that Loughborough YSA now more or less constitute the bulk of Leicester YSA. Social also came as well which was quite nice as it's been far too long since she was coming out to things. I did wonder if she is also still glad that I still go to things as she told me before we had that YSA get together at the Twins house. She said she was glad I was there as then she wouldn't feel old by being the oldest.

Well at least I'm useful for something.

The new star trek film is out next week which looks awesome, although when I suggested it to the rest of the YSA the response was less then enthusastic. Too many girls I guess and not enough geeks now :-)

I've also just seen the trailer for GI Joe which is looking well, a bit underwhelming to be honest but I'm more then happy to be proved wrong.

I've also seen the final trailer for Transformers two and it looks really, really cool. I also noticed that they've obivousily been working to one up themselves from the first film. How are they going to beat the totally gratious shot of Megan fox bending over a car engine? Why put her in denim hotpants and have her drap herself full length across a motorbike. I'm sure that the makers decided that the Job's a good un! after that little brain wave.

Owen made a new friend whilst going for a walk this morning. For some reason he doesn't like bikes and we don't know why, obivously something spooked him before we got him from the kennels but we'll never know what. When Grumpy was taking him for a walk he passed by some young kids who were playing on their bikes. Owen started pulling on the lead and tryed to jump up and one. The little five year old lad, asked Grumpy why Owen did that and Grumpy told him that Owen didn't like bikes. The lad then cycled off.

On their way back they ran into the same lad again who had obivously been deep in thought, who waved hello to Owen and asked Grumpy did Owen want a go on his bike as he didn't used to like bikes until he rode one and he was sure if Owen had a go at riding his bike he would then like bikes:-)

The weather seems to have been struggling to make it's mind up today between Sunny and being cloudy. Maybe it's because it's a bank holiday it can't decide whether it should be raining or not.

I heard some of the the new Lilly allen song today and my first reaction was is she singing about what I think she's singing about?! It also made me laugh that if some people didn't like Britneys spears latest single theirs heads would probably explode from outrage if they ever hear this one.

I am also starting to wonder if there is some national overstock of Magnum ice creams. Not only are they seemingly on offer everywhere, they've been on offer in morrisons for over a month and they keep reducing the price down and down. It's now only 90 pence for a box of three.

That does remind another sign that spring is here appeared at work this week. The catering department has started bringing the ice cream trolley round again. Must resist, must resist.....

Later Folks!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Glad to know I'm finally part of the club! =)

Saxon said...

I'll try and think of a better name for you