Monday, May 25, 2009

Better then I feared

Despite it beign a bank Holiday I still ended up waking at my usual time for 'work getting up time' which was annoying but I suppose it couldn't be helped as Irony must have been in one of those moods.

Grumpy offered to let me take his car to the YSA conference today which I wasn't going to turn down as I do like driving his car and I don't seem to get enough excuses, erh I mean chances to do so these days.

I arrived at the glenfield chapel at about 10 to 10 and there was nobody there, which got me rather worried that I may be in the wrong place. KmcR turned up fairly soon though and let everybody in. We then waited with baited breath to see how many people would turn up. People slowly began to trickle in until everyone arrived who was going to. 15 people in total, that's right a massive 15. However 4 of these came from March Branch which is at the far end of the Stake so we were quite pleased about that. Everybody else came from Loughborough. There were no YSA from any of the Leicester wards which did confuse a couple of people as they wanted to know why we were meeting in a building which didn't 'belong' to anyone there.

After waiting for half an hour for our speaker for the devotional to turn up we managed to find out that no one was coming. So we decided to have a quick opening which featured some singing which I'm sure we'd all rather forget about and we moved into our service project which was cutting up cloths and putting them in bags for use at a school. It was quite fun even though I was having great difficulty cutting them up. It was then pointed out that this was because I was trying to cut using left handed scissors. Now I'm sure some of you will say " So? You are left handed after all" but at Primary school due to being the only left hander I wasn't taught how to write in the 'left handed way' and was instead taught the right handed way but using my left hand which as you can guess means my hand writing is not the worlds best. So as I wasn't taught how to write the correct way for lefties I certainly wasn't taught any of the other left handed ways of doing things. So I will use scissors in my right hand, use the computer mouse in my right hand etc, etc.

After the service project we played a quite bonkers board game which was a lot of fun even if I can't remember the name of it. Following the game we made a quick trip to a local Tesco which had the worlds worse designed car park as the queues were terrible, to pick up lunch which consisted of pizzas, fizzy, gaelic bread and lots of other goodies which tasted very good and we made a concious effort not to look at the GDA information as we knew it wouldn't be good.

We then headed into town for the highlight of the day which was the trip to mega quest. I got a lift with KmcR as there was no need for me to take my car. However the trip there (and back) was quite 'unique'. I feel that the ancient rule of " What happens in the car stays in the car" must apply here for reasons of sanity but suffice to say KmcR was laughing so hard at what happened I was surprised she was able to keep the car straight.

For those of you who don't know Mega quest( or laser quest) is a game where you wear electronic packs and have laser guns and try to shoot at each other, scoring points for when you hit someone, as you run around in a darkened arena. It's been a long time since I've been and the arena there has undergone some significant changes. The overhead walkways and stairs have now gone ( health and safety I bet) and the arena is more lit up then it used to be. Still it was an awful, awful lot of fun and I was really enjoying myself a few minutes into the first game. Overall I came second in both games, my points were roughly the same but my accuracy improved over 5% for the second game, I guess I was getting my 'eye' in as it were by that point. Maybe we can do a few more activies there.

I got home to discover Media had popped by for a visit as he had hired a car for the day. Owen was also very pleased to see me back. A little too pleased as he started to pee everywhere, starting on Media's shoes then he ra around the lounge, still peeing the entire time! This did mean we avoided one giant wet patch but we got a trail of it all around the lounge instead. Grumpy was not pleased initially but quickly saw the funny side.

I also caught the repeat of the latest primeval tonight as I missed most of it on Saturday. It was very good especially as there managed to pull off a great twist as I was really expecting something else to happen. Lets hope the season finale is equally as good.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: