Friday, May 15, 2009

Could be true

Whilst trying to deal with a very un co-operative computer today I was reminded of a theory that one of my friends at uni once put forward regarding all electronic equipment. He had a theory that he had come up with to explain why electronic gizmos always seem to go wrong at the worse time possible. His theory was that all electronic gizmos have a secret 'emotions chip' that can read the mood of a user. So the more of a rush your in, if your having a bad day or just in a bad mood it can sense this and reacts accordingly by becoming more and more awkward.

He then theorised that printers and photocopiers have emotions chips that are twice as sensitive.

To slightly paraphrase that great 20th century philospher Homer J simpson " It's funny because it could so easily be true"

I woke up this morning to find our nice weather had disappeared and been replaced with a sight that has become all too familiar over the past couple of summers. Rain! In fact rather a lot of rain as the drains on the main road had become blocked and that road was flooded.

As you can imagine the trip into work was rather interesting ( glad I got my wiper fixed) as you had the usual fun and games of trying to drive into nottingham complete with those idiotic drivers who only seem to appear in the worse of conditions who can see nothing wrong throwing themselves about the road with scant disregard to the fact the road conditions are terrible.

Well it's going to be a busy weekend. I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow ( no lie ie :-( ) so Grumpy and I can get the shopping done. I will then be heading up North with Tapdance to my nephews baptism. Then Sunday night it will be Institute graduation and I'm still not sure what I'm going to say . Eekk ! I'm hoping that inspiration will come easier for that, that is has done for my next modelling project.

Later folks!

No comments: