Sunday, May 17, 2009

Early morning wake up call

Well yesterday was rather a busy day as in the morning we had to rush around and do the shopping and get everything we needed to do, done by mid day as TapDance and I were heading up north to one of my nephews baptism.

Despite fears of us not getting there in time we did manage to get there with time to spare even if we missed the entrance to their chapel on the first pass, as it's really obscure and actually looks like part of someone's driveway. In fact I think we almost turned up someone's driveway by accident.

Still we got there which was the main thing and it was a really lovely service. I also felt really privilaged to help in the confirmation of another one of my nieces and nephews ( 4 down, 2 to go from the techno clan)

To simplfy logistics as it were and as Tapdance had promised to stay over rather then taking two cars up there and I would then come back on Saturday night I stayed over at the Driver Clan household. Now I say simply logistics as it did take a lot of running around trying to find someone to cover for me with the ward bulletins. Fortunatly I managed to find someone right at the last minute so all's well that ends well).

I stayed in my nephews room as it has bunkbed so I got the bottom bunk which Tap dance usually uses when she stays over. Which my main concern was trying to remember that when I woke up not to try sitting upright otherwise I would probably knock myself out.

Now I was expected a early morning wake up call but not as quite as early as I did get one as I was woken up just before 6am by one of my nieces wanting me to read her a story. My first reaction was " Oh look this time of the morning does exist more then once a year". Of course once I was awake that was it, there was no way they were letting Uncle Saxon go back to sleep.

The funnyist thing was the upside down head that kept appearing from the top bunk, as my nephew seemed determined to play the 'perfect host' as was keen to know if I wanted a cold drink, then a hot drink, then was I sure I didn't want a cold drink, then what did I want for breakfast? and finally why didn't I like porridge as there was nothing wrong with it as far as he was concerned and I should eat some.

We left about mid afternoon as I needed to get back in time for the institute graduation. Now I knew I was the only person getting a advanced certificate of graduation but I thought that was just for the advanced bit. I didn't realise until I got there and saw the program that I was the only person graduating in any fom at all. So I would be the only person up there and I was having to talk as well.

Yeah I was as nervous as hell. Still I managed to speak quite successfully and I think I was mostly understandable so it could have gone worse.

However when it got to when they read out the people who have completed the years course from Leicester, everybody seemed to be missing. There was only two people present from leicester everyone else was MIA which was a little embrassing as everybody from Nottingham seemed to be present.

Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter much in the long run but I guess Brother H will have one or two things to say about it on Wednesday.

Morning tomorrow, so another work of week begins.

Later folks!

No comments: