Monday, May 11, 2009

Sweet

I've just seen the new four minute long, that's right four minute long trailer for the new Terminator salvation film. It looks awesome and I can't wait! Apparently it 'ignores' the events of terminator 3 and Terminator the Sarah Connor chronicles. Which means yet another 'timeline' for the terminator series exists. Which I suppose does mean if the new movie bombs at least they could choose a new timeline and try going with that one as well.

I've also learned that the Wolverine film has two 'endings' as it were after the credits. In the version we saw, you saw Wolverine drinking in a bar in Japan. Was that Lady deathstrike behind the bar perhaps? In the other version apparently it shows the 'deadpool' isn't quite as dead as you were lead to believe. Which is good news for the deadpool spin off they've jsut fast tracked otherwise it might be a bit difficult to make a film about a character who is dead.

The new star trek film had a good opening weekend, I think I might go and see it on Thursday and unless the rest of the YSA have a massive change of heart I'm probably going to see it by myself. Oh well at least with such a good opening weekend it's almost certain that the new crew who are boldly going will also be boldly coming back.

Work was interesting today as one of my projects has moved on to it's new version. My role has changed slightly but I'm still writing/creating the items so the end result is still more or less the result of my twisted mind. And I better not recommend that phrase as a marketing slogan. Something tells me it wouldn't be that effective :-)

There was yet another protest on the industrial estate across the road from us this afternoon but a bunch of students who keep protesting about a gun manufacturers design studio being in Nottingham. Now I'm sure they think their clever by always protesting near the time everybody leaves work to try and gain the maximum amount of attention but all their doing is annoying people who unlike the students have been in work all day and would like to get home.

Wow I think that just made me sound really old. ( That's a rhetorical question by the way).

I'm struggling with the search for inspiration again for my next modelling project. My last set of inspiration didn't last nearly as long as I thought it would meaning I'm now searching for something else. Which hopefully won't take as long as last time to find.

I also read today that one of my favourite shows 'jericho' which escaped from the land of cancellation once but couldn't avoid it a second time is being continued. Sort of. It's joining a new trend for TV shows that have ended or been cancelled to continue in comic book form. Buffy has had a 'series 8' in comic book form going for sometime ago. Likewise 'Angel' season 6 has also made the jump to comic book form and I think Firefly is also making the jump if it hasn't already. So does anybody have any suggestions of shows cut down before their prime that they would like to see returning in comic book form?

Anyway,

Later folks!

2 comments:

Scully said...

Do see Star Trek - it is good. And I say this as someone who has always been decidedly meh on the show(s). And my dad, who was a 1st generation Trekkie, liked it too. Although, if you are familiar with Alias, you will have laugh at one of the plot points/props.

Saxon said...

I will go, I've just got to find sometime to go. It's a busy week this week.