Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm not crazy, the voices in my head told me so

Well it was hot today, in fact according to the weather people today was the hotest day of the year so far. Fortunatly it was a dry heat as I don't think I would have been very comfortable in church today if it was a sticky heat plus the fact that the chapels air conditioning consists of opening windows.


It did also make me realise that our car park sucks when it comes to shade. No matter where you pack your car is going to be in the Sun for near enough the entire morning. Which couple with the hot day meant that when I went out to the car after church I had to lean in very quickly open the sunroof and window and wait for a little bit to try and let it cool down. Although the gear stick remained extremly hot so I had to keep making very quick gear changes all the way home.


In priesthood somebody made a rather embrassing slip of the tongue whilst trying to talk about a dance which is going on next weekend. The dance is a themed 60s 70s 80s dance and this member of the activities commitee was saying how they wanted people to come in fancy dress. he pointed this out to the Bishop but managed to get his words mixed up, so rather then saying we expect you to come dressed as a Hippy what he actually said was " We expect you to come dressed as a Bishop, Hippy"


Teaching the class in EQ was a lot easier then I had feared, plus I think everything made sense so double yaah!


I got home to discover Grumpy had collected Owen from the kennels but Owen was not 'talking to us'. Now I know using that turn of phrase sounds rather mad in as much saying that a Dog isn't 'speaking to us', but there was the best way of describing his actions as he kept going into the other room and seemed to be determined to look everywhere but right at us.

We have a one day YSA conference on in Leicester tomorrow as it's bank holiday monday. I have the horrible feeling that the fact it is bank holiday Monday will severly thin out the number of people coming and it may well turn into a Loughborough Ward YSA Conference rather then a Leicester Stake conference.

In the news today a nine year old boy has lodged a official complaint with the BBC over their Robin Hood series saying he is unhappy with the series as there is too much Snogging! His mother said that he wanted to complain as he was at a age where girls didn't interest him so he didn't want to see snogging and much preferred seeing the fighting. There's a whole line of reasoning/discussion that I'm staying well away from there.

Later folks!

No comments: