Saturday, October 04, 2008

Twas a dark and stormy night

I'm currently sitting in Grumpys office whilst writing this post. It's extremely wet and windy outside right now. It's the kind of weather that makes you glad that someone invented central heating. Yes that's right we're barely into October and we're already having to start using the heating as it's getting that cold already! Maybe this means that theres a chance we might actually get some decent snow this year as opposed to the small amount we usually get.

Owens been a real pain all day. For some reason he's just seemed to be in one of those moods. We also got back from shopping to find that he's moved from hiding the post to ripping some of it up. Grumpy was most annoyed, especially as Owen had only ripped up the junk mail and left the bills alone!

I saw the new series Merlin for the first time tonight. It was good, much better then Robin Hood. Which I suppose is only to be expected considering they have Richard Wilson, John Hurt and Antony Head all appeared as characters. They also had Michelle Ryan appearing as the bad 'guy'.

And she was a lot better in this then she was in 'Bionic Woman'. However she probably was handicapped in that by them shoe horing in the 'annoying kid sister'.

However watching this did remind me (and yes I know this was a slightly odd that watching this program reminded me of this but as my memory is darn near photographic sometimes you'd be surprised at what I can remember), of a time in my final year at uni I was sitting in the hall common room with the other guys from the hall and one of them made a reference to one of the actresses and said she was in his 'top five'. When we asked what he meant he explained he meant who he thought were the 'top five' actresses he liked on TV. The other guys rattled off their top five then I did. There was a stunned silence in the room, one of the other guys asked me why I had joined in. I asked him what he meant, he then replied that he thought I wouldn't rate actresses like that as I was a Mormon. I simply smiled and replied " Yes, Mormon not monk". As the saying goes if you look once your a Man, look twice your not an Elder"

Physics response to that saying when we said this one time whilst travelling to General conference

" thats right. Which is why you make sure your one look is a nice and long one"

Later folks!

No comments: