Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ready or not

Sorry about the lack of a 'proper' blog post yesterday. As I went to the Friday forum straight from work and then didn't get home till gone Midnight there kinda wasn't time to do one.

Fortunatly it seems that all of our hard work last night paid off. Everything seemed to go okay and everybody seemed happy with the activity afterwards.

What really surprised us was the number of people who turned up. There was in the region of seventy by the end of the night which was double the attendence there had been at Friday forums. I guess as it was the last one ever a lot of people want to turn up to say 'goodbye'.

I did take a lot of photos and I will post them tomorrow. Our broadband seems to be running a little slowly tonight for some reason.

I was conducting as I'm far too chivalrous for my own good. I as feeling more nervous then when I had to give that talk! Especially as I was only expecting the average number of people and the chapel just kept filling up. I think I did okay and I think I made sense. Although I did seem to be the butt of a joke from some of the YSA from peterborough as they made a comment to me in passing in the corridor afterwards and refused to explain what they meant. I simply shrugged it off as the guy who made it is a bit of a Muppet.

I was delighted to see not only Cordelia attending but Banana as well, which was fantastic as I haven't see her in ages.

The activity was " Return to the Crystal maze" If you don't know what the crystal maze was Wiklipedia it! If you do know what it is your probably showing your age :-)

We had five games in total. One mental, one skill, one mystery and two physical.

KMcr's game she came up with was genius in it's simplicity but evil in it's entirity. Basically two members of each team had to peel a orange as quickly as possible using their teeth and only their teeth. Angel ran a 'mental' game where one team member had to answer her riddles, Chemistry ran a skills game where one team member had to guide a remote control car round a track whilst blindfolded relying on directions from the rest of his team. D and J ran a physical game in the cultural hall using basketballs and finally J ran another physical game using eggs! I honestly didn't ask what he was intending to do before hand as I didn't know if I would like the answer :-)

We even had our own version of the crystal dome. With lots of tissue paper and half a dozen industrial size fans! It was absoultely mental!

There was pizza for after the activity as you can imagine we had to order so much we had to set it out down the length of the stage to enable everyone to get to it.

After the activity had ended we had to help Bro H clear up. But I didn't mind as myself and EP were feeling quite smug with ourselves as everything had gone well.

Of course as we did such a good job theres always the danger they might ask us to organise another activity. But lets hope that doesn't occur to them hey?

later folks!

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

That sounds amazing. My girls were always looking for great activities amongst the young adults.

"Twat" I remember someone being called on the carpet for saying that and I also remember snickering over it as a teen when Mr. England came as an exchange student and my Language Arts teacher was not so impressed.

Ahh, thanks for the memories.

Anonymous said...

Do you think using a vulgar synonym for a vagina is an acceptable way of describing a fellow member of your church? Whatever his actions may have been?

I find it particularly distasteful that you would post it snidely behind their back. What valor!

Way to degrade yourself.

Saxon said...

it was a lot of fun Rhonda

Saxon said...

In answer to your comments Anonymous.

Firstly I was not aware of that definition of the word Twat. As far as I've been aware it just meant a way to describe somebody who was being a bit of a idiot/moron/ not very nice and you shouldn't pay much attention to them. If you were a long term reader I'm sure you would be aware that I would not use the word if I was aware that it did also have a vulgar synonym. Now I am aware it has a different meaning I will make sure I don't use it anymore.

Also if I was trying to be snide and be intentionally nasty to this person behind their back I would called them by their actual name, not by referring to their gender and the geographical location which gives no clue to their actual identity. I simply used the term in the definition as I understood it.

I also find it interesting that you accuse me of a lack of valor yet you choose to leave your comments under the cover of anonymous.

If you think I have degarded myself then that's fine you are welcome to your opinion. I will only reiterate that I was unaware of the definition of that term as you know it and I will refrain from using that term again.

Saxon said...

I have also updated the post to remove said term. I'm sorry if I offended anybody but it was not intentional

Anonymous said...

SO, all you said was Twat? I think its origional roots of the word does refer to a vulger term for the female anatomy, but that was decades ago. Twat is just a slightly stronger form of "twit" now and just means "annoying idiot"!

you should have gone with "plonker" maybe? thats my favorite term!!!

Saxon said...

yes that was all I said and yes I meant along the same lines as your definition Drat.

I changed it to muppet as I'm fairly certain theres no vulgar meanings to that. At least I hope so or I'm going to be in trouble again :-)

Anonymous said...

oh, also, Twat can mean "to hit very hard" - as in "twat it!"

Saxon said...

cheers Drat. I'm glad that there were other meanings to the word instead of me being the only person to think it meant something else asides from what anonymous accused me off meaning when I used it