Friday, October 31, 2008

Freeedddooommmmm

*he cries in best fake Australian/scottish historically inaccurate impresson* Yes world beware as I'm now released from the office for a week as I'm off to Luxembourg. Well on Monday at least which means for the first time in a long time I am taking some holiday from work to actually go on Holiday.

Maybe I better be careful otherwise before you know it I'll actually be leaving the country more then once every three years :-)

Of course the downside of going on Holiday regardless of whether your going somewhere or not is the mad rush on the last day of work to make sure you've got everything outstanding cleared away. Which I managed..

Or at least I think I managed but if I haven't, theres not much I can do about it right now and I'm sure it will still be there when I get back. Either that or the Monkey will have dealt with it. Yes that's right we have a monkey in the officer who plays cymbals. Admitally only a wind up monkey but still a Monkey. Which adds cool points to the office I'm sure you'll agree :-)

Great story in the news today. Apparently some officials needed a translation of a roadsign into welsh. They sent the email off, got a response and mounted the new sign at the side of the road with the English text and the welsh translation underneath. Two weeks later some welsh speakers pointed out that the welsh text was not the welsh translation of " No entry for heavy goods vehicles. Residental site only" . What it actually said was " I'm not in the office at the moment. Please send any work that needs to be translated." Yep thats right they hadn't realised that they had actually recieved an automated out of office email.

I think the only thing you can say in response to that is 'oops'

Later folks!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

The whole Welsh translation is so funny. My name, Rhonda, is Welsh. My mother has Welsh and for some reason thought it funny to name me my name... which means....

Babbling creek/stream/river... you get the idea.

I love how the English and Europeans use the term "Holiday" and we have to be stuck using
"Vacation." Holiday sounds so much more exciting.

Sian said...

Enjoy it!

Saxon said...

I will Sian, I will

Saxon said...

I do Rhonda.

Yes Holiday does seem to have a better ring to it then vacation.