Monday, October 06, 2008

Ice Ice baby

I don't like Monday mornings at the best of times and this morning was no exception. I got up late, didn't have time for Breakfast and rushed outside to the car to discovered the windscreen was iced up. Yes you read that right we're in the second week of October and we've already got ice! This meant I had to make a frantic search for the de icer in the garage then had a fraught journey to work as driving in Icey Conditions, really really puts me on edge. This is because for those of you who don't know when I had my first car I had an encounter with a patch of black ice which meant I wrote the car off. Not only did i go off the road the darn thing also rolled over! Fortunatly the worse I suffered was a pulled muscle in my neck although I didn't help myself when in a effort to get out of the car I unbuckled my seatbelt and had one of those moments that stretched out when I realised that was a remarkably stupid idea as I was upside down and hadn't braced myself at all.

Yes you guessed it. Bang!

Anyway enough of the flashbacks. Work was quite good, asides from lots of people are coming down with coughs and colds right now. If the canteen could sell lemsips their'd probably make a fortune right now.

I got home to find Grumpy in a bad mood. Apparently Owen had been a real pain today not only did he rip some post up he also managed to break his collar. Although he didn't explain how Owen did that as they were on their way out to their training lesson.

Anyway that's all for today. I've got to go and do some prep for this weeks Friday forum.

Later folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg you rolled your old car on black ice! thats insane! good to hear that you were ok. what was the car? that must have been crazy. what happened, was it on a corner or something? were you going fast to roll it? I am gussing it was probably just 2 wheels that hit the ice and the others gripped thus rolling you.... tell us the story, it sounds more exciting than the usual "i got stuck in traffic" tales you normaly tell.

also, if its any consolation i have had a savage head cold for blooming ages now.

Saxon said...

I will tell that story at some point seeing as you asked so nicely :-)