Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reserving judgement

I'm a geek. Yes not exactly news to my regular readers I know but bear with me I am going somewhere with this. So being a geek or uber geek I'm always interested in big sci-fi and fantasy news. And you don't get much bigger in Sci-fi then Star Trek. Which is why I was very interested today to see the first pictures released from the new Star trek film. Apparently it's a prequel to the orginal series but will still feature the characters from the original show but when they were 'young; and yes that... does include...... the one and only......James T Kirk ( sorry thats my very bad attept and attempting to write in a stereotypical impresson of the way Kirk spoke).


So heres a picture of the 'new' cast of old characters. From left to Right, Chekhov, the man himself James T kirk, Scotty, Dr Mcoy, Sulu and Uhura). So in the star trek 'timeline' this move will be a prequel to the orginal series but set after the enterprise series. So I guess that makes it a prequel squel to the prequel but only prequel to the original.
I'm going to try and reserve judgement until I actually see the film. I think it's going to be one of those films though that will either work really well. Or it won't.
Right geeky things aside as it were, it's been another allright day. It was once again, very very busy at work but we were able to handle it fine. We did experience some technical problems today IT wise. The IT departments initial assessment described the problem in two words which I'm sure you can guess. But they managed to fix it though which is good. Although they wouldn't say if the problem was solved by them turning things off and on again :-)
later folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?! No Spock?!

Saxon said...

apparently there is a spock character he just doesn't appear in this picture.

The 'new' Spock will be played by the guy who plays Sylar in Heroes