Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Anaylising Analytics

I’m aware that of my readership I have a vocal minority yet a silent majority.

How do I know this?

Why by the marvels of google analytics.

Of course analytics is more meant for websites rather then blogs but it’s still fun to read even if I have no idea what a lot of things mean.

So for example since I started using Google analytics I have had 3.506 visits from 47 countries.

In order the top ten countries for visitors are UK, USA, Luxembourg ( gee wonder who that is : - ), Canada, Australia, Ireland, Mexico, Spain, Colombia and Italy

Breaking down the UK into the top ten locations for visitors, Nottingham, London, Ilkeston, Leicester, Plymouth, Nuneaton, Birmingham, Bradford, Leeds, Smethwick(wherever that is!).

Breaking down Luxembourg into locations for visitors you get, Luxembourg ( gee what are the odds) and Strassen strangely enough.

Then breaking down USA into locations for visitors you get Washington, Utah, Virginia, California, Connecticut, Arizona, Tennessee, New York, Texas and Idaho.

So in total there have been 3506 visits to my site since I started using analytics, with 9,282 page views, 2.65 average pages viewed per visit, a 67.03% bounce rate, 00.05:43 avg time on site and 19.65% new visits.

Now I have no idea what a large chunk of that means or why I would even want to know this but if it’s on the internet it must be true : - )

Plus it gives me no clue how to use this to increase the size of my vocal readership or any clue as to why I’ve just bothered rambling on about this. But I guess I just wanted to say to my silent readership that I know your there (mwah, ha, ha, ha all right that’s enough ) and I do appreciate your continued readership. It is helping me to keep writing.

Later folks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man...

if it helps the "bounce rate" is when people type something in to the search engine and they go to your site and then leave within a few seconds. as in they "bounce" in and out of the site.

this might explain the luxembourg thing. maybe you have a weird spelling mistake that means something to the people of luxemburg?!?!

so if the bounce is 67% it means that 67% of people were visiting your site but wernt expecting it and clicked on it by mistake.

so the other 33% are your proper visitors.

hope that explains it a bit.

Saxon said...

Thanks drat, that does indeed make it clearer for me

cheers

Anonymous said...

Smethwick is near to Birmingham, UK Home of West Bromwich Albion football club

Saxon said...

thanks for clearing that one up for me anonymous