Thursday, October 30, 2008

And for my next trick

Well it wasn't as cold this morning as it has been for the past two days which meant I didn't have to spends five minutes gettign the ice off the car as well there was none. It also meant I was a little less tense on the way into work as it wasn't icey.

Of course this bit of luck paled into insignificance compared with the news on the radio this morning and I'm really sorry if you haven't heard this Scully (which also means I'm the one to break this to you) David Tennant is leaving Doctor who.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

He was so good as the Doctor and much better then Christopher Eccleston was. Whoever is going to follow on from him is going to have some very big boots to fill. The only small upside to this was he will still be filming the four specials that will be shown in 2009 but when the fifth series returns in 2010 he will not be in the tardis.

There was also some rather odd news as a 8 foot tall lego man washed up on a beach in Brighton today and nobody knows where it came from. Even Legoland say their bemused as their not missing one. You would think some one would notice that their missing a 8 foot tall lego man wouldn't you?

I'm also feeling pleased with myself as I was finally able to solve one of my 'biggist opportunities" that has been facing me over the past two weeks and resolved it in a way that helped us, helped another department, made us look good and strenghtened interdepartmental communications all in one go. Not that I want to have to deal with opportunties like that on a regular basis of course.

It was quieter today too which I was thankful for as it enabled me to get a lot of work done as I always aim to leave nothing or as little as possible outstanding when I go off on Holiday.

There was quite heavy traffic on the way home, fortunately it wasn't heavy enough to force things to come to a complete standstill but it was still pretty close.

I'm aiming to have a fairly quiet night tonight and catch up on some reading. Not terribily exciting I know but I just feel in that kind of mood :-)

Later folks!

2 comments:

Scully said...

I read that this morning, Saxon, and wanted to chat with you about it. I kind of figured it was coming, what with the Hamlet-doing and the constant floating of possible new Doctors by RTD&Co. But I will miss the 10th Doctor and I will definitely miss David Tennant being on my TV screen. Guess I'll definitely have to pony up the money for the DVDs. I do like the show, even when it was Christopher Eccleston, but it just won't be the same. But I guess that is the price of being a Doctor Who fan. But at least we can commiserate together, no?

Saxon said...

That we can. Feel free to send me a email via facebook!