Sunday, October 26, 2008

A star of tomorrow?

Despite the clocks going back last night Owens 'clock' still seemed to be on yesterday time so he woke up and started making a racket at around 6.30ish. Of course I did the only thing I could do in that situation. I rolled over and went back to sleep :-)

Although it wasn't a 'normal' church service today I still had to get in early to photocopy the bulletins which unfortunately proved to be a bit of a struggle as the photcopier jammed once again and unlike the ones at work this one is incredibily complicated to clear. I however don't know how to clear it so I usually have to just leave it as I'm not stupid enough to start fiddling around in the inside fo a machine when I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thats what engineers are for :-)

The Bishop said that it probably keeps jamming as it gets overheated. I'm sure it probably has more to do with it being a very old second hand photocopier.

There was a little bit of excitment half way through the general conference session when a girl fainted and had to be carried out of the chapel for some reason though nearly a dozen people went out with her which I'm sure probably made her extremely embrassed when she came to. It's embrassing enough to faint without waking up to a huge group of people surrounding you and before anybody asks I am speaking from experience there as when I was in the ATC I fainted on a big parade to celebrate VE Day. So I suppose that girl should look on the bright side as embrassing as it was to faint in the chapel at least she didn't faint in front of an entire parade and get carried by some st johns ambulance people into a waiting ambulance.

It was also quite amusing after we finished watching the video as I could see two young lads from a family who were sitting in the rowin front of me. The older lad suddenely smacked his younger brother round the back of the head. There was pause of at least 3 seconds before the younger lad threw himself onto the floor in a dive which was as spectaculer as anything you would see on the football pitch and also in a completly different direction to the one where the blow came from. At which point he let out a ear splitting yell and started to cry very loudly. With acting ability like that maybe he's a star of tomorrow.

I spent most of the afternoon reading mainly as I couldn't resist the temptation and bought myself a new book yesterday which I just haven't been able to put down since. Fortunatly it is a very large book as otherwise I would have finished it yesterday. So yes as well as having a very good memory I can also read very quickly as well.

Well Monday tomorrow which means another week of work to earn the pennies and quite probably another week of 'oppotunities to face'. However it also means I only have another week of work before I take my next batch of time off as well. Which will be nice and fun too as I'm going to be doing something rather different with this time off.

More on that soon.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: