Monday, October 13, 2008

Learn something new everyday

Regular readers will know I'm not overly fond of Mondays and as the days are now drawing in it just seems to be getting harder and harder to get out of bed each morning. Still after throwing myself out of bed I managed to get things together fairly quickly, well at least by the standards that I usually move each morning. I even managed to leave a couple of minutes earlier then usual so I was feeling quite pleased with myself as I headed off down the road. Maybe today was going to be a very good day, even my security pass that I hang round my neck was catching on the seat belt as usual. I did one very quick look down and realised why it wasn't catching. I wasn't wearing it.

One quick reverse later I was back at the house running inside to find my pass then bolted out the door again, leaving Owen looking very confused as to why I had left, come back then left again!

Asides from that less then stellar start to the day I got to work in pretty good time and eve nhad enough spare time before the start of the day to use the computers in the canteen to quickly check my blog. To discover that I had used a word to describe someone in my post from Saturday that I hadn't realised it also had another totally different (and more vulgar) meaning in addition to the one I was aware of. In case anyone I did change it as soon as I could and please rest assured if I had known about the other meaning I would never have used it so I'm sorry if I offended any of my regular readers. I had now removed said word from the post.

But I suppose as the saying goes you learn something new everyday and I guess that certainly qualifies :-) I'll remember not to use it in future.

Anyway work was good as I was able to get a lot done for a Monday which are usually really, really busy. So I was feeling pretty pleased with myself by the end of the day.

Grumpy and Owen were already out by the time I got home. They have a training class on Monday nights. I'm not sure how much difference it is making with Owen but Grumpy seems sure that there is some and I guess as he spends more time with Owen then me he will be the one to know :-)

I'm having a fairly easy night tonight. I've started to reorganise my bookshelves again in the vain hope that I might find some more room. I'm a terrible horder when it comes to books and I really struggle to part with any but unfortunatly as Grumpy won't let me get another book case I'm getting to that point where I have no choice.

The trouble is I have no idea what to get rid of though :-(

anyway later folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ebay them dude!!! make back a bit of £££. if you're going to have to part with something, you may as well know its going to a new home and get some £ for it!


either that, or its bonfire night comming up........?

Saxon said...

I can't ebay them as a lot of my books are ones I got from work and I'm not allowed to sell them.

So it will probably either be a charity shop or a bonfire.