Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Would the car not breaking be really be so much to ask?

Well the good thoughts and hopes with the Car did so not pay off at all. I had a bad feeling after I had dropped the car off and the day wore on. Unfortunately the feeling was vindicated. Not only were they unable to fix the radio, they can not get the replacement parts or even a replacement radio as ford have stopped making it ( probably something to do with it being a cassette player) the speedometer is starting to act up so some technical bits like cables etc need to be replaced. Which will only (as the guy in the garage put it) cost £250 to fix. the only saving grace with that news is it doesn't have to be done immediately as the problems not that bad but it will need to be fixed at some point soon.

Grumpys suggestion if I was going to have trouble affording the repairs would be to get a loan for a new car. I pointed out that I couldn't do that as I was still paying the one for this car off. He then looked confused and asked if I was sure as he thought they bought the car. I responded that I was sure and he then got even more confused wanting to know eactly whose car he had bought! I think he was getting confused with my first car, the one that got totalled after I ran into some black ice, not the second one which was paid for with money from the insurance from the first.

Then to cap it all off the garage has now started charging a 'environmental charge' to despose of filters and oil changed during the service. But they only charge £1.50, which doesn't really seem to be a genuine cost that they incur, more like a attempt to convince people they are environmentally friendly.

Then of course as I've taken the day off, I'll have two days worth of work to do tomorrow, plus sorting out the latest round of samples, which is my all time favourite job, plus any other stuff which happens to come my way tomorrow and with the week developing the way it is, it sure seems inevitable that something will be.

If anyone wants to give me a break and let something good happen to balance out all the bad stuff now would be a good time. Anyone???


Well it was worth a try.

see you tomorrow same geek life, same geek channel.

7 comments:

Siavash G. said...

Don't ya like Spiderman III?

Anonymous said...

If you buy a new car with a loan, you'll get part ex on the car you have and pay off the loan you have now with the new loan you would take out! It must be worth looking into as this car has been a nightmare for you, isn't it better than continuing to throw money away every time it needs servicing?

Saxon said...

umm, slightly random question there Sirsia. It was okay, it wasn't my favourite of the series.

I'm looking into all options Speed demon.

Adam Montandon said...

one suggestion could solve your car problems and your girl problems all in one go.... By an amazing sexy sports car or something! Screw the credit crunch we are all going to run out of cash anyway, and since there is no oil left in the world any more there will only be 10 years left of driving a car anyway, so go for it and get the sexiest thing you can find. roll the top down and enjoy the summer!

Me and JC love love love our convertibles and they get a lot of attention!!! do it!!!!

Saxon said...

it's being cheerful that keeps you going isn't it drat?

Anonymous said...

Dont be mean to KA's please. They are great. I dont see why you have had so many problems with yours. Mine was perfectly fine for 3 years, and I still have it!!! As well as my wonderful 'sporty number' according to Ad Dam.

They are annoying with speed blumps though. GR to the silly little things

Saxon said...

JC nobody is being mean to KA's. I know in general they are great, I just seem to have had some bad luck with mine.