Monday, May 12, 2008

Irony must be laughing it's head off right now

As long term readers will now, I've been having one or two problems ( okay massive understatement I know) with getting a home teaching list from the EQ presidency and this dragged on for quite a while. However I recently got a new hometeaching list and it was all sorted.

Or so I thought.

I finally managed to get to talk to my Home teaching companion this week and two problems became apparent. Firstly nobody had told him that I was his new home teaching companion and secondly that as he works up in Scotland during the week it was going to be a while before he would be availabile to do any home teaching. So there was me expecting he was going to say it would be a couple of weeks.

and I was right technically. It will be a couple of weeks before he's avalabile. Plus a few more weeks on top.

It's going to be September before he's avalabile.

That's right FREAKING SEPTEMBER! so after taking months to sort out my home teaching list they manage to somehow put me with the one guy who isn't going to be avalabile to home teach for another four months. Irony or someone else sure seems to be having a major laugh at my exspense right now.

Anyway, I've got tomorrow off as the Car is going in for a service. I really hope, they don't find anything wrong with the darn thing. I historically have bad luck with them finding things wrong during services.

Work was pretty much the same old, same old. too much of the same old, same old as a matter of a fact as I seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut and loosing focus a bit at times. I guess it's probably to do with the fact it's been so long since I've had a decent length break, that and I'm sure everybody goes through a bit of a low point with their jobs at some time or another. But as always I'm going to keep going. It's not too long till my Holiday now, and I'll be darned if I let anything work related beat me or get me down. I've managed to get through or at least muddle through worse problems in my life.

We were supposed to be having YSA FHE tonight but it was cancelled due to a lack of YSA. Oh well. If it's nice next weekend we going to try and see if we can organise a picnic at bradgate park after stake conference. It will make up for the complete lack of oppotunities to have one last summer at least.

well that's all for now folks,

see you tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

2 comments:

Adam Montandon said...

hey, I know you talk a lot about home teaching (because it seems it is the bane of your life!) but could you actually do a post about what home teaching is, and the sort of thing that you teach... i mean, how does it work... who is the teacher and who is the student? I assume it is an older more experinced person teaching a younger person, but why is it done in their home one on one and not in a class type environment.

Sorry if my questions sound stupid but obviously I dont know much about it at all and it is a big part of your blog posts, so for those readers who dont know, could you share with us a detailed explanation?

Thanks

Saxon said...

no problem. I'll make sure I do a post at some point explaining it all.