Sunday, May 11, 2008

Clocking up years

I woke up this morning and it was hot. Really really hot and sticky, which as it was only 8am in the morning did not bode well for the rest of the day.

All of the doors were wedged open in the chapel which did help to provide a nice draft coming through the building. Of course if it continues to be this hot and hotter during the summer I think we're in for a few rather hot Sacrement meetings. Our building has heating but no A/c.

Sunday school class was interesting. If only for all the wrong reasons. Engineseer, Physics and I seem to bring out the best or the worst depending on your definition, in each of our respective sense of humours. Much to the dismay of our Sunday school teacher. However she did make a reference today to marriage and pointed to the three of us and said " You three are clocking years up. You need to get things sorted out."
Slightly bemused, I asked what she was talking about. Db responded that she meant marriage, which gave me pause as I could already see where this is going.
Engineseer quickly used his escape clause that he didn't need to think about that yet as he's about to put his mission papers in. I responded to DB that it wasn't a concious decision on our part that we weren't married. DB responded to this by saying that it was easy to get married and we could get married like that if we wanted too. This lead me to two thoughts, firstly if there really was a secret lesson in young mens that I missed that you were taught this secret to getting married instantly, and secondly if DB is one of these lads who believes that if the girls fall at his feet that automatically fall at everybodies feet.
At which point Physics chimed in " Las Vegas"
" What?"
" Go to Las Vegas and get a girl drunk then it will be really easy to get married."
" Small problem with that plan."
" you'd think so. " Physics responded. He then went on, " How about Thailand instead. Just got and flash your english passport around you'll find a girl real quick."
At this point I could see Engineseer shaking his head, in bemusement wondering where this line of conversation was going to go.
" Of course you'll have to make sure it's an actual girl"
and with this the teacher quickly interjected to move the lesson on.

At the end of the lesson the Teacher looked at me, Engineseer and Physics, and announced she didn't know what to do with us and she was wondering what she could do to help find us wives.
Physics smiled and said;
" Wives? Great that means I get more then one."
" No not just for you"
" We all get lots of wives?"
" No, we're not getting any right now"
" Oh right."
After a moment contemplation Physics then added, " That's okay we don't get one, Wifes are exspensive"

So they you go everybody just when I thought things couldn't get any lower in the old love life area, after having the home teachers and the parents trying to put their two sense worth in, now the Sunday school teacher is trying to stick her two pence in.

I explained what had happened to Photoshop and he found the whole thing highly amusing, especially when I pointed out that with the teacher using terms like "clocking up years"( I'm 26 by the way) I was starting to feel like I was ready for the Oap's home. He helpfully pointed out that, that was a silly thing to say. He only got married when he was 27, so I've got another year, then I'll be ready for the Oap home. I said that, that was a great comment as I now was wondering if I should be off down the post office to draw my pension. He pointed out that, that was a stupid thing to say.
Pensions are now paid directly into bank accounts. I don't need to go to the post office.
Thank you photoshop. Not helping.

We had a CES broadcast tonight followed by the Institute graduation. Which was a lot of fun, especially as a couple of other stakes didn't quite get Brother H's humour. Especially when he suggested that the guys could give the refreshments out to the girls and if they accepted that meant they agreed to a date. When he asked if the girls wanted to do this he only got a deathly silence in return.

Anyway, Monday tomorrow. And as all regular readers know. My least favourite day of the week. Not a lot I can do about it unless I become ruler of the world and ban Mondays.

Wait..... there's an idea.

Later folks, tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Who needs wives when you have such good church buddies that can crack such good jokes...so funny!

Saxon said...

theres so many comments I could say in reply to that, which would probably get me in trouble. :-)

So I wouldn't :-)

Anonymous said...

Appreciate every moment that you have on your own, as just you. You, just being you.

I know it seems tough, but it's the most fun you can have when you are in singledom land. And it wont be forever either.