Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I really shouldn't be surprised

Well they've had a month longer then they said they needed initially so I was half expecting the roadworks to still be there today. However I did try and be positive and try and be optomistic so they could prove me wrong. Unfortuantely they didn't prove me wrong and the flaming roadworks are still there.

However some new roadworks have appeared which quite frankly caused chaos. I got stuck in a two mile long queue of traffic as one small part of the road, less then 10ft, had been reduced to one lane. That's right less then 10ft of roadworks caused a two mile traffic jam. What the heck?

Work wasn't too bad today. There were less emails then I thought. But even so it took me all day to answer them, but I was able to get the workload down to a reasonable level by the end of the day.

However what was really odd was that in the main building there is no central enivormental control system. Each office has it's own Air conditioning unit and of course they can all be set differently. Some were barely on, others seem to be set to artic! So going round the building it really was a case of hot-cold-hot-cold-cold-very cold-hot-hot cold. Extremely confusing.

The day was made more interesting however by a protest that started at the end of the road. Apparently a group of students had found out there was a weapons designer in the industrial estate over the road and decided they didn't like this and were going to protest. Enough of them turned out the police had to send six vans of officers to keep everything any control. Well fair play to them, we're a democracy and they have a right to protest and all that. I just wish they would have choosen some other time to do it, then rush hour when I was trying to get home!

I've started doing thebrain training game on my DS again and despite my best efforts I'm starting to become addicted to sudoku. Nooo!!! Must resist...

Well that's all for today. It's a lovely evening, blue sky, etc so I thought I would go and sit in the garden and enjoy it.

Apparently it's not going to last but I guess that's spring for you.

later folks,

No comments: