Friday, May 02, 2008

It's all so light

It's currently 8.45 in the evening here in the UK and as I look out of the window of Grumpys office it's still light. Extremely light as a matter of fact which seems odd as it's almost 9pm in the evening. However that did make me wonder why we always seem to get surprised every summer as to how light it gets in the evenings. I mean it's not like the exact same thing didn't happen the summer before is it?

Apparently today is the 30th aniversary of the first piece of spam email being sent to someone. My only thought is who decided to make a note of that. It's not like you keep track of recieving junk mail through the post is it? The other thing I've noticed with spammers is that they seem to have given up trying too hard. I mean if your going to send me a bit of spam mail at least make a effort with coming up with a story that is actually believable. Not some story about how yet another african king has died, your left with a billion dollars, in a middle of a refugee camp with no power and I can have half of your money if I give you my bank account details. Of course the worrying thing is there are some people who fall for that!

Oh the government got a good kicking in the local elections yesterday. Whether or not this will actually wake them and start to take notice of things is another matter entirely.

It was very, very quiet at work today. So quiet in fact the silence was starting to get to me. At least everybody else is able to listen to music. I just have to sit there listening to the deafening silence which is usually present in our office come Friday.

My PPI interview went very well. Our new EQ President has all the signs of becoming a brillent leader and I really think he's got a good chance of getting things moving again. Things have been a bit too stagent in the quorum for too long. At the end He thanked me for coming out and said that he appreciated the sacrifice in wearing a suit for ten minutes on a Friday night but I should go an have fun with my Friday night as ten minutes was as big a sacrifice as he was expecting :-)

Now if only I had, had something exciting to do. C'est la vie I guess.

Anyway, it's the weekend now and more importantly it's going to be a long weekend too. My favourite kind of weekend after normal ones. Plus I have money, as I've been paid and I'm going to the cinema too. Now if only the sun can keep shining it all might just turn out perfect.

Well as perfect as it's going to be without a geekette appearing and asking me out, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Later folks,

be sure to tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can you not listen to music at work when everyone else is able to do so?

Rhonda said...

Dang boy... you so need a geekette date, right? Well... isn't there some kind of LDS singles in the UK?

Hey, no laughing. I am serious. My friend Camy found her hubby there.

Rhonda said...

ldssingles.com that is...

Saxon said...

they think if I'm listening to music I wouldn't be able to hear the phone.

Saxon said...

I know I do.

Anonymous said...

Are you the only one who has a phone then? I thought everyone had a phone in companies these days.

I DID have one :( It never used to ring though :'(

Saxon said...

As I'm responsible for the customer service area for our diversion I have to be able to hear the phone as answering it, is a large part of my job!