Thursday, May 08, 2008

It's like the Marie celeste but with traffic lights

Well those roadworks are still there. However I did notice one thing. There were no workmen around today. In fact they all seem to have gone along with all of the porta cabins and containers. It's like they packed up and left forgetting to remove the cones and turn the new lights on. I say this in jest of course, but I still can't help but wonder.

It was another really nice morning today, so once again I got to open the Sunroof. After the rain, rain and more rain of last summer I had almost forgotten what it was like to drive with the sunroof open.

Work today was well work. It was just one of those days. Pretty boring I know. It's very hard to say anything interesting about dealing with customer service issues all day!

A group of us did decide randomly this afternoon to go and get some ice cream from the ice cream van which has visited the site every day for the past couple of weeks. No one has ever gone out to him on previous days but once we had a few other people appeared. I guess we were trend setters. Probably the first and last time you could say that term could actually apply to me :-)

I was on the way home when I discovered that the A453 was shut. No idea why, there was just a police car blocking the road off. Which meant I had to go on a tour of the countryside to get home. It used to be the magical mystery tour, but I've had to do it so many times now it's not really a mystery anymore :-)

Well it's the grad ball tomorrow. It should be interesting and will probably go one of two ways. Either way I will be sure to get photos! The most interesting part however will probably be getting home as the main road between the staken centre and geeksville will be shut.

I think I feel a magical mystery tour of leicester coming on.

Tune in tomorrow folks, same geek life, same geek channel.

No comments: