Sunday, May 04, 2008

I want one of those, and one of those, and one of those..

Well I'm pleased to say that the Iron man film was awesome. There were some great moments especially Stan lee's camo, the over eager robot with a fire extinguisher and the interaction between stark and his assistant. Engineseer and I both agreed that we want one of the iron man suits, one of his planes, his cars and his rather cool house. Yes I know we are a pair of geeks. But we're geeks with ambitions. Not really achievable ambitions, but ambitions none the less. :-)

Church was actually pretty full today which I was surprised about as it is a bank holiday weekend. Although only one member of the bishopric was there. Which meant he had pretty full pockets by the end of Priesthood with all the tithing envelopes he had to stuff in there. Traveller was back for a visit. She's doing a sponsered bike ride from Oxford to Cambridge, or it might the other way round I can never remember. Anyway it's 85 miles! She was srurprised at how much I said I would sponser her, but it's a good cause and I thought it would be abit mean to only give her a couple of quid when she's riding 85 miles. I also found out she's moved to Thailand once she's finished her teachign course to work as a teacher there. So that's another member of Loughborough YSA leaving the country. Anymore and I might start to get paranoid :-)

In Sunday School O came into our class for the first time as he's almost 18. He breezed into the class and announced to me
" Hey CB"
" What?"
" I said hey CB"
" I know what's that supposed to mean?"
" Well that's your name. Their your initials"
" Um, Nobody's ever called me CB "
" Well I will now"

At which point Physics decided to jump in with what he thought would be a good suggestion to stop him doing that.
" Throw something at him. Throw it now"

I was tempted to follow his advice but managed to resist.

In priesthood I had to reach forward to get the attention of one of the other Elders to point out to him that his wife was at the door. I have to admit I wasn't listening to the teachers question at that point as I was trying to make sure I didn't fall over the chair in front of me whilst reaching. The teacher then saw me and said;
" As your up brother do you agree or disagree"
A moment of blind panic then happened and I glanced around wondering what to do. Physics was sitting there with a grin on his face and quickly indicated two thumbs up, which I took to be a sign to agree.
" Umm yes" I replied to the teacher. Who accepted the answer and moved on with the lesson. Not that I know what I said yes to mind you. I don't think it was anything bad.

We managed to fix the door back onto the oven. Although it did become somewhat of a epic struggle and took both me and Grumpy working together to fix it back on. Which meant we had to have our Sunday roast dinner for tea instead. Hopefully this will not become a habit!

There was the first part of a two part drama on tonight called Flood which is a (work of fiction obivousily) about a massive flood of London. So of course all sorts of panic, destruction and disaster cliches happen. However the really funny part happened when the titles started to role and a advert for the environmental agency popped up advertising a phone line where you can check if you home is at risk of flooding. Or to put it another way
" Now we've put the fear of floods into you, you can check to see if these fears are justified ":-)

Well I don't have to go to work tomorrow as it's bank holiday. Yah! Of course the downside is that I will have a days worth of extra work to wade through on Tuesday, but I'm trying not to think of that until tomorrow night.

anyway later folks,

Tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek channel!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enough of the iron man and iron oven etc, why not post some pictures of your friends and relations sliding down an iron skateboard pipe or something?

Fiction is cool, but how about some real life?

Saxon said...

why anonymous person who I don't know and have no idea who you are honest, it's almost like you read my mind as by sheer coincedence I do happen to have some photos like that take today.

It's almost like you were there :-)

J C said...

Actually I was only saying yesterdat to Ad Dam (Drat) that although your blog was wonderful and i very much enjoyed reading it, I just felt it wasn't personal enough.

I think you need to bring more of you into it. Continue to talk about your fathers office and so fourth, but what about youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

By the way - that anonymous isn't me. And how did you know it wasnt me?

Saxon said...

Yes JC I could put details of every little thing and thought in my life but I don't. That's my choice and it's just that there are somethings you don't blog about.

I don't know what you mean about making the blog more personal. What is it you want then?

I knew that anonymous wasn't you as I know who they are.

Anonymous said...

Cos it's me!

I am the only truly anonymous mind-reader (as-if).

Saxon said...

ha I was sure it ws you anonymous. an I'm glad that the you I thought it was was indeed you. Coz if you didn't turn out to be you when I thought you were you. I would have been confused.....


wait I am now confused......