Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Remember your training and you will make it back alive"

It's a bit of a pain these days collecting the latest samples of books. Rather then them coming directly to us, I have to now go and and collect them from the main warehouse. This requires a short walk down the main road, pushing a large trolley full of books, whilst wondering if the high vis jacket your wearing is making you look as much of a idiot as you feel. It can be a bit nerve wracking walking up and down that road if there's lots of traffic about until your back on the main site. Today it was nerve wracking for a different reason. Mainly because with the books I had it was likely to become safer on the main road then in the building! But I'll get to that in a moment. ( time for flashback to first thing this morning).

This morning was one of those mornings that was " I really, really don't want to get up, can't they just pay me to spend all day in bed" kind of mornings. I finally managed to drag myself out of bed and get ready for work. I finally set out hoping that I would run into my get up and go somewhere along the way.

I didn't and I also got to work to find I had one of those, " Every customer with a difficult or stupid question is going to come out of the woodwork" kind of days in front of me. Ah, the joys of customer service.

We did have an interesting meeting about future releases. Which of course I can't say anything about due to NDA's in my contact. It's cool that I do get to know about all of these forthcoming releases but aso annoying as I can't say anything about them!

Which brings me in a roundabout way to the trolley full of books I had to go and collect from the warehouse. One of the books I had collected was from our best selling range and I was well expecting a flood of interest from staff, as usually it's amazing when one of these books from this series arrive how many staff suddenly turn all nice and friendly and absolutely need a copy of this book for work purposes.

Today was no different, from the moment I got back to the main site I was getting badged by loads of staff members who weren't on the samples list. ( I'm just glad the samples weren't ready yesterday during the national managers meeting otherwise I would have never got back to the office alive!) and it got steadily more annoying as I took samples round the building. One person kept asking me for one and when I asked what reason he had why he had to have to get a copy of the novel for work purposes nearly 2 and a half months before the release date, the best he could come up with was " I work for the company?". Needless to say. He didn't get one.

anyway,

that's all for today. see you tomorrow folks, same geek life, same geek channel.

No comments: