Thursday, May 01, 2008

Here comes the rain. Yet again

I'm currently in the office and out of the window I can see it's raining. Yet again. I'm starting to get depressing flashbacks to last summer already.

Work today was interesting in the sense that the time seemed to fly by! But they may have something to do with the fact I had a lot to do. Time never seems to drag when you need it to. :-)

Grumpys out tonight in a chance from his usual pattern. So I have the house to myself for once on a week night. Which feels a tad odd but never mind. I least I got to choose what I had for dinner. The downside of that of course was that I had to cook it as well.

The office is going to be very quiet tomorrow as two thirds of the people are either out on visits or on Holiday. Well maybe we'll get to knock off early. Here's hoping :-) It would actually be useful as I have this PPI tomorrow with the new Elders quorum leader. He's limiting them to ten minutes each which means I will spend twice as long in time driving there and back as I wil lin the interview but I guess that's how things go.

Engineseer and I are going to see the new Iron Man film on Saturday. Hurray, Blockbuster season is here at last! We did throw the inivitation out to the rest of the YSA. And who knows maybe some girls will come. To see a film based on a comic book character...... Yeah I'm not confident either.

I was thinking about how my life seems to be good fodder for a sitcom right now. I was wondering if there was enough weirdness for it to make the jump from sitcom to movie.
The saxon Man: Tale of an uber geek!
What do people think? Any suggestions of who you would want to play you in the film?
I got a letter from my old university today. It appears that they have actually set up a proper alumni network and I've been invited to join. So I'm going to have a look at the website and sign up. It could be interesting...maybe :-)
I had completely forgotten about the Bank Holiday on Monday. So extra day off which doesn't come out of my Holiday allowence. Always a bonus.
tune in tomorrow folks, same geek channel, same geek life.

7 comments:

J C said...

Is your work and office different?

Otherwise what time do you leave work?

I have been watching those huge dark clouds for about two hours. As yet it hasnt started raining though. Its obviously move past me instead of over. Shame. I love the rain..its so 'cUtE' (said an American accent).

Saxon said...

sorry did make that clear. I meant our office at home. Not the office at work.

Enginseer said...

Sonds like a fun day. Its alright for some to get the day off! working in retail i dont get any time off :( i do get time and a half pay for the day to try compensate though. All balences out i suppose...

Anonymous said...

There IS a sitcom of your life, its called Big Bang Theory!!!!!

the other day I watched it and i had my laptop on my lap and my cousin was sat next to me with HIS laptop and it was like we were living the show!

Saxon said...

Yes you might not get Bank holidays off Engineseer but you are still a student and not working full time. ( even if with the amount of shifts you do it doesn't seem like it) So that's where it balances out for you.

Saxon said...

no it's even crazier then that show in parts.

Saxon said...

no comments on that score Engineseer, you know what I'm talking about