Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Down to the Wire

Irony being what it is, it couldn't miss a chance to mess with me today as after finally hitting the one target I had been short on this month, another target promptly went and dropped. On the last day of the month. Arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Still I was determined not to let it beat me but as the day wore on and Lady luck continued to avoid me I thought I was beaten. However it ain't over till the Fat Lady sings ( or until I run out of cliches to use) and I managed to get it back with the penilumate call of the day. My first reaction was to jump up wit ha Homer simpson style whoop but I figured that might make me look weird.

Or weirder depending on your point of view :-)

Regular readers will remember me talking about the lady who got slammed with a fine and a curfew for selling a goldfish to a under 16 year old ( the maximum plenty was twelve months in jail apparently). In a article about this in the newspaper today it was revealed that apparently in amongest the 3500 new laws introduced since the 90s it's now illegal to sell a squirel door to door. Yes you read that right they have made a law preventing squrriels from being sold door to door. Now we've never had anyone trying to do this in our area and I've never heard of happening anywhere else, but there must be a problem with it somewhere right. As otherwise why would we need a law about it? Right?.....

It's also come out today that Police tracking a number of registered sex offenders can't release any information about them in order to track them down as this would violate their " human rights". So there you have it we have a justice system right now where we're protected from Grannies who sell Goldfish to 14 year olds and people selling squirrels door to door but we can't know details about sex offenders on the run as it would break their human rights....

nope, nothing wrong with that system at all...

One more day of work until the easter break.

Later folks

No comments: