Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's all Russian to me

At work everybody has their own code ot log into the phones and when you call somebody else internally it will show your name on their phone so they can see whose calling. Simple right? Well not for me as my full first name ( which I call my sunday/trouble name as it is usually only used on Sundays or if I'm in trouble) is actually too long to show up on displays correctly. The last couple of letters are missed which most people don't realise, so I'm usually greeted by most people trying to say a somewhat shortened version of my name which always sounds Russian.

Todays quote of the day
" It's a A3 envelope which is the size of a A4 box of paper"

Only one more day until the weekend which I'm really glad about. The problem with having a week where your start time varies is that it's very hard to get a rhythm going. You find yourself all over the place. But on the plus side I am on earlys next week and I'll be starting the same time each day. So it might mean a earlier night but at least I get home early.

Grumpy has been asking me over the past couple of days what " the point is?" of facebook. Which I have to admit is actually quite a question to answer. Or at least to answer to his satisfaction. As yes it does have it's plus points but it can also be seen as one of the most high tech time waster ever.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: