Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Escape from Geektown

I usually leave a bit more time then I probably need to when leaving to go to work as mainly I'm very paranoid about being late. Usually this means that I get to work a bit earlier then I need to but fortunatly this morning it paid dividends as I found two of the routes from geektown completly snarled up with traffic to the extent that I had to come back through the town twice before finally having to try the back route which I was loathe to do as I wasn't to osure of the route.

However fortune favours the bold as it were and I was able to find my way without disappearing into the depths of Leicestershire never to be heard from again! I even made it in time as well which was a bonus.

They've announced that registrations for this years national YSA conference are now open however someone seems to have been bitten by the technological bug and decided to implement a new way of registrations online probably becasue it's new, shiny, technological and makes them look clever. If it works it should cut down on a lot of man hours but emphasis on if it works as technology does have a tendency to fall over and fail when your not looking.

I had to laugh at the amount of new reorts that are currently slamming Jonathan Ross's wive for writing the screenplay to the new film Kick ass. Now what has got the media all hot under the collar? I hear some of your ask? Why it's because the film features a 11 year old girl who is basically a assassin who kills people, chops off limbs and generally uses language that would make a sailor blush. I'm sure your wondering at this point what I was laughing at? Well what I found amusing was one all of the newspapers failed to mention probably because it would take the wind out of the sails of their righteous indigination. Yes she has written the screenplay but the movie is based on a existing comicbook. So it's not like she came up with the character to begin with! But I'm sure stated that fact wouldn't make for such a focussed article.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: