Sunday, March 14, 2010

Not the best of starts

I woke up this morning pleased that I had woken up before my alarm and looking forward to that nice feeling of beign able to wait all nice and cozy in bed until my alarm finally did go off and it was time to get up. However as I lay there I couldn't quite shake the feeling that something was wrong. I grabbed my watch to check the time and found that I hadn't woken up before my alarm. Far from it, I had actually slept right through it and had overslept by nearly half an hour.

Cue a rather unSunday like rush as I ran round the house trying to get ready in half the time. In midst of charging around I noticed something strange was going on outside as there seemed to be a group of men randomly running around. I went upstairs to look out of the window and was quickly joined by Owen who did his meercat trick of standing on his hind legs to look out of the window. I realised that the four men were after a little terrier who had obivously escaped from somewhere and despite their best efforts they couldn't catch the little guy. By this point Grumpy had joined us to look out of the window and watch the bizare chase unfold. It went on for three or four minutes ( all that was missing was the benny hill music) until a lady came along walking her dog. She then proceeded to show the guys how to do it by staying stock still and waiting until the terrier came up to her before quickly grabbing it and lifting it up and her arms ending his escape attempts. It was amusing to watch if only for the baffled looks on the guys faces as they wondered why they hadn't tried that.

As it was Mothers Day it was inevitable that we were going to get a musical item from the Primary in sacrement meeting. There was some confusion at the end of the song as they didn't seem sure it that was it or if they were singing another one and there was good thirty seconds of milling around. This was solved by a loud little voice from a visiting family who yelled " It's finished!! You can get down now!"

We had a CES broadcast this evening which was very good as it focussed a lot on the importance of having good friendships. The only downside was that the turn out was pathetic. There were only four people including Physics and myself.

Well it's work tomorrow, I'm back on earlys which should be a lot of fun and I mean that in a non sarcastic way....

Honest!

Later folks.

No comments: