Saturday, March 13, 2010

Warp Speed

I'm a fast reader, always have been and always will be. I can finish in a book in a time that baffles most people and whats more can tell you the complete plot of the book as well.

The downside to this is reading books that are in a series. I have to wait age for the next book to come along and when it does I finish it in short order despite usually always having the best of intentions to try and read books more slowly. I just can't do it, if I like a book I'll pick it up and won't be able to put it down.

I bought two new books this morning, both of them published by my former company and I've already finished one of them. The other one I'll probably read in a couple of days as it was a book that I proof read so I kinda know what happens. So I've finally reached that point when from now on all of the books they release will be brand new to me as I won't have proof read any of the forthcoming books ( bar one coming in June) or read the in depth synopis for each novel. I will miss the proof reading as it was fun and good to be able to put my almost photographic memory of the background to good use.

We watched a episode of CSI New york this evening which had both Grumpy and I shaking our heads in disbelief. It was a case of CSI meets crystal maze. It was ridiculous and only made worse by the case playing things so seriously. If they'd tried something along the same plots lines in NCIS at least they would have been making self referencing digs at how crazy it was.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: