Saturday, March 06, 2010

Ouch

I am once again nursing a pair of sore arms this evening after spending just a little too long playing on the Wii today. Specifically Wii sports resorts Cycling event which take a lot more arm power then you would expect.

This morning consisted of the usual shopping and a unexpected moral dilema. I found myself outside of the company store of the company I used to work for and it was closed. All the lights were off and there was no sign to explain why it was closed. Which was odd, what made it even odder was that it was a major release weekend. I found myself pausing for a few moments and wondering if I should do anything. I mean I don't work for the company anymore and I was sure somebody would know about it but why wouldn't there have been cover if they had known?

The few moments of pause turned in minutes as I wrestled with my conscience. Did I just move on and leave it or should I alert someone to it? I knew what most people would say and do, I don't work for the company anymore so why should I do anything? I'm sure most people wouldn't blame me for doing nothing.

But then again having a very strong mortal compass I already knew deep down what I was going to do. It was going to bother me if I did nothing, so I rang the store where I had served a secondment last summer and let the manager there know about the closed shop and that they were loosing customers to the store up the road from the local shop I was outside of.

Did I need to do that? No. Was it the right thing to do? Yes probably. Did it make much difference? Probably not but at least i didn't bug me for the rest of the day.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: