Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not the Enemy

One of the training courses I completed at my new job was how to deal with difficult customers. The best piece of advice I picked up from this course is to remember that I'm not the enemy, the issue is the enemy not me. However sometimes this advice is easier to remember then it is to believe as today turned into what seemed like one long procession of shouty customers. If they had legimate complaints they would have been easier to deal with but as in most cases the shouty kind of customers you face in any field of customer service rarely have legimate complaints.

I posted the question on my facebook page a couple of days ago wondering if trained nija hit squads would be the best answer to difficult customer service problems. The advice I recieved back was that I shouldn't go with ninjas and should consider Pirates, Vikings or Oompa Loompas as like the spannish inquisition nobody would expect Oompa Loompas. So if I ever come across a trained hit squad of Pirate ninja oompa loompa vikings I'll be all set

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: