Sunday, March 07, 2010

The spirit versus the letter

And no before anybody asks the title does not refer to the latest marvel superheros :-)

Basically in our Priesthood lesson today things took a little bit of a left turn as what was intially some very simple quorum instruction turned into a long in depth discussion simply because people were looking at things too in depth and trying to find meanings which might not have been there. This lead to one of those conversations where things just descend in a ever decreasing circle as people start to look more and more in depth to try and find hidden meanings that just aren't there.

In situations like this I always remember one saying that one person told me about church instructions " If we're supposed to look for hidden meanings or interpretations the handbooks would be written in riddles!"

Well it's the start of another week tomorrow and unfortunatly I'm on the shift I've liked to deem the early-mids where you tend to bounce around a little bit on the start times. I go from 9.30 to 10 to 9.45 to 9.15 to 10 again! Still as Grumpy likes to say it keeps life interesting if a little annoying as it does make me miss my old 9 to 5.30 job sometimes.

I'm still looking for a new project to put my focus into as I'm finding that my attention keeps flitting from thing to thing right now. If I can focus on one thing I know I'll be able to get a lot done, it's just I have no idea what to focus on right now.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: